Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire: The King is Back, I'm Stronger Than Ever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    The fly in the soup is, Oubaali is an old bantam himself. 36 years old and 17 fights is hardly a reign of terror. 12KOs puts him in the average range, but I still don't understand why he was favored.
    He is not 36 years old. And no Bantamweight at 38 is ever favored to win the title.
    Last edited by richardt; 05-30-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by *Makaveli* View Post
      Not strong enough for the monster I'm afraid . You broke his face , it still wasn't enough to put him down . He just kept coming with 1 eye and a broken face and put you on your ass .
      Inoue is lucky he never had to face a prime Donaire or he would have caved his whole face in. Pretty damn good when a past prime fighter, especially a Bantamweight well into his 30's puts a top 5 PFP through hell.
      No look hook Slip jab likes this.

Comment

So we might get a undisputed at super bantam…. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

Inoue is lucky he never had to face a prime Donaire or he would have caved his whole face in. Pretty damn good when a past prime fighter, especially a Bantamweight well into his 30's puts a top 5 PFP through hell.
          It was impressive , I thought Inoue would blow him away . He ended up in a war , I think he needed that though .

Comment

Wow congratulations. I understand fighters don't age well in the smaller wt classes but donaire having a resurgence in these late stages of his career. Office hancho should make a tribute to the philipino flash.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Can someone put this opponent into context for me please? I saw an undersized guy, looked like a kid at first glance. He's like my mom's height. Was he supposed to be a killer or something? Wasn't Donaire #1 ranked in the division behind the champion Inoue? I thought Donaire and Inou were the two best at that division and other fighters had to prove how good they are by fighting them?

Or is the hype just a championship belt thing? I thought Donaire was going to win this fight going in. I was confused as to why odds had him as the underdog.

I am genuinely asking, not shtting on Donaire. I like him, he's a very good fighter. But want some context as to why everyone is so surprised he won.
              I saw a giant against a midget. Happy with nonito, not that impressed. Because the difference in size, experience and resume. I'd love to see him against Inoue again or, another old man, actually a little older than him.
              Last edited by garfios; 05-30-2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

Seriously!! Bonaire been around for a long time. Yet he bounced back after every big loss. Impressive

Comment

Very happy for Donaire.

Great guy. Great fighter

Comment

Great performance by Nonito Donaire on becoming boxing's oldest Bantamweight champion in history. It was a very impressive win at this later stage of his career.

However, I must admit that that second knockdown was illegal. He punched Nordine Oubaali after the bell. So that knock down shouldn't have counted. I am not saying that Donaire should have been penalized or that he wasn't going to eventually knock his man out but that second knockdown should not have counted. It was a foul.

Referee Jack Reiss blew that call. That fight could have been easily ruled a no contest on appeal if Oubaali hadn't got up but he beat the count anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                      Very proud of this young man and what he had done and it couldn’t be happening to a more jolly fella. Happy to see that the Filipino Flash is again added to the list of American champions. Schaefer had himself a great talent there and it looks like more cards with Ringstar and PBC will be happening. Would like to see a voluntary defence on FOX
                      Hahahahaha, Nonito is actually born and raised in the Philippines. Can't you tell, he's an actual quality fighter who will fight anyone. So definitely not American. Haha.
                      Ropeydope Ropeydope likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X