Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berchelt Plans To Fight at 135, But Return To 130 To Pursue Valdez Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berchelt Plans To Fight at 135, But Return To 130 To Pursue Valdez Rematch

Three months after suffering his second professional defeat, almost six years after the first setback, Miguel "Alacran" Berchelt (37-2, 33 KOs), has determined that in order to return to top level status, there must be a solar wind of change.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He is no more. All champs at 135 will beat him easily. Simply this guy is one dimentional...

Comment

Originally posted by Drigo View Post
      He is no more. All champs at 135 will beat him easily. Simply this guy is one dimentional...
      Yeah. I can’t see him beating any of the top guys at 135.

Comment

it was killing him to make to make 130, so he's moving up to 135 only to later drop down to 130 once he's older and settled into the higher weightclass.

yep, makes a load of sense

Comment

His chin and size helped him make up for his limited abilities.

I can't see him doing too well at 135.
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

That was the KO of the year. I don’t see him ever getting back to where he was.

Comment

He can't make a healthy 130 anymore, just needs to stay at 135 and give it a go there

Comment

Adrian:

It's suicide. You've seen him, you know how strong he is. You can't win.

Rocky:

Oh, Adrian. Adrian always tells the truth. No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know.

THERES NO EASY WAY OUT -- thats what I would of titled my post in the old boxingscene. RIP.

Comment

Dripping back to 130 after Struggling with weight isn't a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
                    it was killing him to make to make 130, so he's moving up to 135 only to later drop down to 130 once he's older and settled into the higher weightclass.

yep, makes a load of sense
                    Exactly. 130 is obviously a struggle. A rematch with Valdez will not go well if that ever happens and the task is only going to get harder the longer he spends at 135 and the older he gets. Have to think the idea of doing it at 130 at some undefined point in the future is simply a pipe dream.
                    tophat1 tophat1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X