Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Montiel Confident His Power Will Be 'Great Equalizer' Against Jermall Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Charlo has the Trout, J-Rock and Deveryenchenko wins which are good. The problem is there are too many fighters like Heiland, Centeno, Hogan and Montiel. He struggled with Adams and could have easily lost the Korobov fight.

I criticize his resume but that's because he talks a lot that he hasn't necessarily backed up in the ring, I think he's a good fighter but right now there's more bark than bite going on. His brother has an "L" on his record but seema more willing to fight compelling fights.
    He struggled with Adams? I was at that fight ringside and I thought it was an easy albeit boring points win for him with the outcome never in doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

He struggled with Adams? I was at that fight ringside and I thought it was an easy albeit boring points win for him with the outcome never in doubt
      Struggled, labored, whatever. He won a points decision against a dude he should have starched out of there. I don't care what the official score cards were...Adams was an overmatched opponent he went thru the motions with.

I realize you live in Houston area and are a fan of the Charlo brothers but even you have to admit that Jermall fights alot of soft touches for all of his roaring of lions only.

Comment

Struggled, labored, whatever. He won a points decision against a dude he should have starched out of there. I don't care what the official score cards were...Adams was an overmatched opponent he went thru the motions with.

I realize you live in Houston area and are a fan of the Charlo brothers but even you have to admit that Jermall fights alot of soft touches for all of his roaring of lions only.
        Adams was only there to survive
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

I agree with the poster above who females about survival. When a fighter is in that mode, not much you can do with them. However I would have liked to have seen a stoppage but I think Adams is a tad bit better than you give him credit for

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Middleweight contender Juan Macias Montiel is a tremendous underdog, but he's promising to shock the world on June 19, when he challenges WBC world champion Jermall at Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. Showtime will televise the contest.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            Just like how 21yr old Munguia’s power equalized him in 2 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by MED_1978 View Post

Lol probably if Charlo can't secure a big unification fight or a Munguia fight then it will be a steady diet of more eurobums to be fed to Charlo. I can see they have Maciej Sulecki (Poland) 3rd, Liam Williams (UK) rated 5th, Matteo Signani (Italy) rated 8th, Sam Eggington (UK) beat 9th placed Carlos Molina last weekend so he will be in there somewhere & Andrey Sirotkin (Russia) is 12th & Kamil Szeremata (Poland) is 13th.
              Disgusting fights. I expect Charlo to fight Sulecki after Munguia knocks him out.

Comment

Considering how unappealing and how much of a mismatch this fight is, can’t blame Montiel for trying to hype it up as much as possible.

Comment

Jermall crushes him...."Centeno" style! Houston will be on fire!

This street lamp has zero defense and doesn't have the grit to make it a fight. KO'ing an Kirkland just earned him a ticket to get KO'd. Good luck.

Comment

Well, at least this guy believes in himself and wants to fight, I mean he has knocked out everyone he's beaten...should be a good fight, but Charlo's speed should be the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by BestPR View Post
                      Well, at least this guy believes in himself and wants to fight, I mean he has knocked out everyone he's beaten...should be a good fight, but Charlo's speed should be the difference.
                      I think the most telling statistic is that Montiel fought to a draw with Centeno, and Charlo KO'd him in 2. It pretty much tells you how competitive this should be.

Montiel does have power but the biggest names he KO'd are a washed up Kirkland & Marcos Reyes (who went the distance with Lemieux & Chavez Jr and beat Rogelio "Porky" Medina & David Lopez but was stopped by Elvin Ayala & Josue Obando).

Comment

Working...
                      X