Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa: I Feel Like I Broke Luis Nery Down Mentally And Physically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Figueroa: I Feel Like I Broke Luis Nery Down Mentally And Physically

Brandon Figueroa felt by the third or fourth round Saturday night that he had destroyed Luis Nery's will. By then, Figueroa figured Nery realized that he didn't have the conditioning or the determination to deal with the fearless Figueroa's relentless attack. In the seventh round, Figueroa nailed Nery with a left uppercut to the body that sent Nery to the canvas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well you broke his solar plexus that’s for damn sure, young Texan
    VashDBasher VashDBasher likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      Well you broke his solar plexus that’s for damn sure, young Texan
      Haha well put. Nery’s face and demeanor showed it all.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

I can't argue with Brandon on this one, he caught some clean shots from Nery early but forced a pace the Mexican fighter couldn't maintain. The moment Nery went on his bike, I thought he was cooked. I didn't know it would end as emphatically as it did.

I have a feeling he will have alot more of a challenge from Cool Boy Steph. Fulton impressed me when he calmly fought Leo's fight and outperformed the pressure fighter at his own game.

Comment

It seems like Nery isn't living the right lifestyle. Either he parties too much between fights or he doesn't train hard enough during camp.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he wasn't a good fit with Team Canelo and left. They run a tight ship over there and prize discipline highly.

Comment

There were lots of questions Nery didn't have an answer for. Can Nery's cardio keep up with Brandon's pressure? No. Can Nery's power keep Brandon off of him? No. Is Nery accurate enough to deter Brandon? No. Will Nery be able to nullify Brandon's height advantage? No. I feel like Nery bought into his own hype about his KO% and went in thinking he can do the same thing he did at bantam at super bantam and got proven very wrong.

Comment

I had Nery winning. Once his punches were not having the effects and Figueroa kept coming he folded right along the dotted lines. Figueroa is correct, he broke him down physically and mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                I can't argue with Brandon on this one, he caught some clean shots from Nery early but forced a pace the Mexican fighter couldn't maintain. The moment Nery went on his bike, I thought he was cooked. I didn't know it would end as emphatically as it did.

I have a feeling he will have alot more of a challenge from Cool Boy Steph. Fulton impressed me when he calmly fought Leo's fight and outperformed the pressure fighter at his own game.
                I believe Fulton will beat Figueroa. He showed so much during his fight with Leo. I think we’ll be lead to MJ vs Fulton for undisputed.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

I believe Fulton will beat Figueroa. He showed so much during his fight with Leo. I think we’ll be lead to MJ vs Fulton for undisputed.
                  Not too sure Fulton is a talent but he is small and doesn't have a lot of power what's going to keep Figueroa off him? I think the only ones to give Figueroa problems at 122 are Aleem and Roman at 126 it's a different story.

Comment

If only Brandon didn't lead with his face. Fulton is better than Nery, less dissipated. I can see Fulton waltzing Brandon, Nery was a plodder, his edge was missing weight. That's Figueroa's game too, but he's disciplined enough to make weight. He could stablize Fulton with a jab, or cut him off with lateral movemenf, but Figs walks straight in, fist cocked, head first. Would it hurt for him to slip a punch?

Comment

Working...
                    X