Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Fury and Arum played everyone for fools.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Fury and Arum played everyone for fools.

Told Hearn it wouldn't be a problem. Got Hearn searching for sites, making deals with TV etc, while criticising him. Then Fury comes out and says the fight is on knowing full well they were going to lose the case the day after. Tyson Fury is a a ****ing lying, dirty steroid abusing, saggy skinned, cherry picking, hype job. I hope he gets KTFO and cries "muh mental health" the ****ing clown.

There'll be people on here claiming it as another Fury victory over Joshua.

The number of wins Fury has without stepping in the ring is incredible.

If people still can't see team Fury for what it is then I give up.

He can still make this fight. No excuses. Let's see what his team has to say - but I'm assuming it will be "this was completely unexpected, we now have to fight Wilder, we don't think team AJ wanted it anyway"
    brown_knight06 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Told Hearn it wouldn't be a problem. Got Hearn searching for sites, making deals with TV etc, while criticising him. Then Fury comes out and says the fight is on knowing full well they were going to lose the case the day after. Tyson Fury is a a ****ing lying, dirty steroid abusing, saggy skinned, cherry picking, hype job. I hope he gets KTFO and cries "muh mental health" the ****ing clown.
      Top Rank's matchmaker and someone who is very involved in the business side said a few days ago that Fury was fighting on PPV in July. Trust me, these guys knew this was a possibility and have likely known for a while. Definitely played Hearn and everyone else. There was a gag order yet Arum would come out and make little comments saying the arbitration couldn't stop the fight. The Saudi's are probably ticked off and even if Joshua and Fury win their next fights, they may not want to get involved.

Comment

Surely they can work a deal with Wilder that he gets the winner. Everyone wins like that. Wishful thinking here.

Comment

Isn't this all about money? Wilder and co probably just want the step aside money. I don't think they actually want that fight right now. Let Wilder get a few more KO Ws under his belt first and maybe he can catch Fury out of shape, or out of his mind.

Comment

When did Fury make his video? Yesterday? That's very strange timing.

But yeah, Bob and Tyson wasted a lot of time and money with this and I'm very much expecting Wilder to reject step aside money.

Comment

Most likely the Saudi’s pay the step aside money then Wilder fights the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
                Isn't this all about money? Wilder and co probably just want the step aside money. I don't think they actually want that fight right now. Let Wilder get a few more KO Ws under his belt first and maybe he can catch Fury out of shape, or out of his mind.
                Nah, their side is definitely going to go for the fight. What if Wilder gets knocked out or loses in the mean time waiting for this fight? He has guaranteed 25M or so for the trilogy, that's the type of money you don't step aside for.

Comment

Not exactly; Arum tried to make the fight but only because he was playing with house money as I predicted.

Originally posted by paulf View Post

I worked in contracts for years before moving into PMO. I know how it works.

If the arbitrator rules "in favor" of Wilder, they aren't going to do so because he has valid contract, they're actually going to do so in opposition to what's in the contract because they deem that to be what's fair in light what's happened during the pandemic.

We can only speculate, but I think the clearest way to look at it is that Arum has in effect been playing with "house money" since the day Wilder's contract allegedly lapsed: there's no chance the arbitrator is going to tell someone with a black and white contract that they owe Wilder/PBC damages for not making a fight after the contract clearly expired (if it did). If Arum got lucky, Wilder would hear his contract expired and just move on and/or the arbitration would go favorably for Top Rank. If not, arbitrator likely says making a third fight next is what makes both parties whole, and Arum ends up right where he was last year only now he stands to lose less money (maybe make money?) on Wilder-Fury III because they can do a gate at the MGM grand.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Nah, their side is definitely going to go for the fight. What if Wilder gets knocked out or loses in the mean time waiting for this fight? He has guaranteed 25M or so for the trilogy, that's the type of money you don't step aside for.
                    Yeah I haven't followed all the factors in play, but it is interesting, if not disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                    X