No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team USA Sends Six Boxers To Tokyo Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Room View Post

They suck though. I've watched them since the beginning and they continue to blow.
    But this time, they are more overrepresented. It'll take time for women to catch up. (Don't mistake me for some feminist.)

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

The men woulda sent a full squad if mens boxing was as shallow as womens boxing.

Respect on the women who made it on the Olympic team doe. They did what they needed to, but lets not act like thats not way less than the men gotta deal with to make it to the Olympics. Shields ain't a 2 time Olympic gold medalist cuz she worked harder than the men. She's a 2 time Olympic gold medalist cuz womens boxing gots the depth of a midgets p#ssy.
      Can't dispute that.
      But men's boxing is more promoted as well and thus more chances to advance. Men enjoy luxuries most women boxers don't see.

Comment

Seeing the current shallowness in top elite US men boxers, the men may not be far behind.

Comment

No fault of the Japanese or the IOC, but this Olympics is a disaster. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing gets permanently cancelled. Boxing qualification has been basically impossible. Really tough if you're an amateur in this enivronment to not just say fk it and turn pro.
          Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

The male boxers are going to embarrass us. I just got done watching Richard Torrez get brutally KO by Bakhodir Jalolov. Torrez is too small and slow for the Super-Heavyweight class. Delante Johnson, pfft.

Comment

Sadly no Keyshawn Davis so no Medals for Team USA Men unfortunately. Oshae Jones who is probably favorite to win GOLD for the Women will probably be the only one that Medals from this very Thin Class

Delante "Tiger" Johnson is super talented but I think his style is better suited for the pros, can be a bit inconsistent and not let his hands go enough at times but he is talented enough to Medal just not sure if he will. Also too probably will be the youngest in his Field at 22 years old while guys like Zamkovoy and Iglesias are Career Long Amateurs both in their 30's now. Richard Torrez just too small for Super Heavyweight IMO but good luck to him as well but NOBODY is beating Jalolov at Super Heavyweight who is basically a Pro Unfairly Competing against Amateurs which should not even be Allowed
              Last edited by sicko; 05-12-2021, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Can't dispute that.
                But men's boxing is more promoted as well and thus more chances to advance. Men enjoy luxuries most women boxers don't see.
                No ones "promoting" amateur boxing really. Its just about competing. Women generally don't like to compete & when they do its seldom involving hitting each other upside the head. Its not unlike the WNBA to the NBA. You could spend the same amount to advertise the WNBA as gets spent on the NBA & all you are doing is sitting money on fire. Even women don't give a fook about womens sports is the sad reality. Same goes for womens boxing.

Comment

But this time, they are more overrepresented. It'll take time for women to catch up. (Don't mistake me for some feminist.)
                  They're not strong enough and don't spend enough time on it.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

They're not strong enough and don't spend enough time on it.
                    I like women's boxing same as men's. For me, it's not about gender, it's about skills.

I don't like unskilled women's fighting (slapping around and crap) but some of the elite women boxers have guts, skills, and special effects. If I try to make a list of my top 10 favorite current fighters, 4 or 5 women might show. Let's see.

1. Gervonta Davis
                    2. Seniesa Estrada
                    3. Bud Crawford
                    4. Jessica McCaskill
                    5. Erickson Lubin
                    6. Katie Taylor
                    7. Luis Nery
                    8. Mikaela Mayer (or Amanda Serrano)
                    9. Juan F. Estrada
                    10. Lomachenko or Nakatani

I like many other fighters. These are a must-see for me.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 05-13-2021, 10:19 PM.
                    Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

I like women's boxing same as men's. For me, it's not about gender, it's about skills.

I don't like unskilled women's fighting (slapping around and crap) but some of the elite women boxers have guts, skills, and special effects. If I try to make a list of my top 10 favorite current fighters, 4 or 5 women might show. Let's see.

1. Gervonta Davis
                      2. Saniesa Estrada
                      3. Bud Crawford
                      4. Jessica McCaskill
                      5. Erickson Lubin
                      6. Katie Taylor
                      7. Luis Nery
                      8. Mikaela Mayer (or Amanda Serrano)
                      9. Juan F. Estrada
                      10. Lomachenko or Nakatani

I like many other fighters. These are a must-see for me.
                      Skills and will - the women's sport is still a way behind the men's in terms of skill level but it's still very young and as it gathers pace and the talent pool grows the improvements will come.

In terms of will or courage or grit - whatever you want call it -the women have shown time and again that they don't give an inch to the men.

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X