No announcement yet.

Dmitry Bivol vs Ricards Bolotniks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Jesus Christ how many more fights on his Matchroom contract? This is ****ing pitiful. Can Hearn not just give him Butsai at least? He's trash too, but at least people know who the **** he is.

Gotta love Boxrec rankings too. This guy is 18-5-1 with only 7 fights being at LHW (most of career at Cruiser) all 7 of those fights being against journeymen, and somehow they have him ranked 10th
    I don't think this is a part of his Matchroom contract if it's true. Bolotniks is a decent opponent. I think he deserves a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Ummm..... Huh?
      NSB says Canelo is a ***** if he doesn't fight Bivol. Canelo just fought BJS...and Bivol is fighting whoever tf that guy is.

Comment

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post

NSB says Canelo is a ***** if he doesn't fight Bivol.
        I doubt the board in it's entirety feel that way.

Comment

It is what it is.

Beterbiev is the only real fight left for him in this division.

He already beat Pascal, Barrera and Smith jr.

He will fight what he gets while waiting on Beterbiev -Smith jr winner.

Comment

No thank you. I like Bolotniks at domestic/european level. But pass.
            BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              What’s the point?

I’d understand if he had a mandatory like this forced upon him, but it’s not.

why plan such a terrible fight 5 months in advance?

id even forgive it if he wanted the fight in 6 or 7 weeks time to get another fight in after the Richards fight, as he’s been so inactive for 2 years.
              Good points and I agree all around.

Comment

On it's own it's ok. I liked that tournament and bolotniks earned a good fight (I would have preferred a fight vs buatsi, yards, johnson, Arthur though).

But bivols last three opponents would then be castillo, Richards and bolotniks, which is pretty poor.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                  No thank you. I like Bolotniks at domestic/european level. But pass.
                  I'm good with it if there's a guaranteed good fight for Bivol after that. He looked a little rusty against the Brit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I'm good with it if there's a guaranteed good fight for Bivol after that. He looked a little rusty against the Brit.
                    he will fight Beterbiev - Smith jr. winner in full unification any way.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      Jesus Christ how many more fights on his Matchroom contract? This is ****ing pitiful. Can Hearn not just give him Butsai at least? He's trash too, but at least people know who the **** he is.

Gotta love Boxrec rankings too. This guy is 18-5-1 with only 7 fights being at LHW (most of career at Cruiser) all 7 of those fights being against journeymen, and somehow they have him ranked 10th
                      Buatsi isn't ready for Bivol, hasn't even fought a world-level opponent yet.

As for BoxRec, they have Hart at #3 which is ****ing ridiculous.

I feel like Bivol is a victim of his own success. He just has to wait for Beterbiev/Smith Jr. and Jack/Pascal 2 and keep winning in the meantime. The only issue I have with the proposed Bolotniks match-up is the date. This should be happening way earlier than September.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 05-11-2021, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X