Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So........ What's Matchroom got planned for America now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So........ What's Matchroom got planned for America now?

Canelo's 3 fight deal is up and there's no guarantee he'll continue on DAZN just because he likes Eddie. Matchroom doesn't really have the deepest roster.

The European tour is coming to an end. It will get to a point where he wall have to fight Charlo or Andrade.

Comment

I'll be surprised if Canelo doesn't stay with Eddie. Idk that the DAZN part matters.

But yea the rest of Eddie's work in the US has been underwhelming & idk if that's changing anytime soon.

Comment

Think they're gonna go heavy on the Mexican American angle. All their recent signings are prospects or Mexicans, Soto for example. Bivol, Andrade, Haney and Jacobs are their headliners in the US and they'll probably continue to mine the lower weight classes and add Mexicans

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
          Think they're gonna go heavy on the Mexican American angle. All their recent signings are prospects or Mexicans, Soto for example. Bivol, Andrade, Haney and Jacobs are their headliners in the US and they'll probably continue to mine the lower weight classes and add Mexicans
          I'd like to see them get Bivol a fight worthy of headlining a card.

Comment

They suck ass

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I'd like to see them get Bivol a fight worthy of headlining a card.
              The problem is that lhw sucks aside from champs & Bivols leftovers (unless I'm forgetting someone?)

We know Beterbieve fight isn't next,neither is Smith rematch who would lose badly anyways

Comment

I think Canelo might go work with PBC/Hamymon for Plant, Charlo, and Benavidez. At this point any member of this board can be Canelos promoter and he’ll still sell.

Comment

I'd be very surprised if Fox/Showtime with their PPV model can guarantee Canelo more money than DAZN will.

DAZN have truly taken off now. Canelo v Saunders Highlights has been trending #1 on DAZNs YouTube channel. They will strike while the iron is hot and ensure they keep Canelo.

Plenty to work with for the rest of the Matchroom stable too. Andrade v Jacobs anyone?

Comment

Just put on the biggest event of the year... anyone else being held to this standard? Or just the UK company giving US fans big events?

Comment

Working...
                    X