Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So........ What's Matchroom got planned for America now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Fox/Showtime with their PPV model can guarantee Canelo more money than DAZN will.

DAZN have truly taken off now. Canelo v Saunders Highlights has been trending #1 on DAZNs YouTube channel. They will strike while the iron is hot and ensure they keep Canelo.

Plenty to work with for the rest of the Matchroom stable too. Andrade v Jacobs anyone?
    Andrade vs Jacobs won't happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
      Just put on the biggest event of the year... anyone else being held to this standard? Or just the UK company giving US fans big events?
      What standard? Hearn doesn't have much of a US stable so it's a reasonable question.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Canelo's 3 fight deal is up and there's no guarantee he'll continue on DAZN just because he likes Eddie. Matchroom doesn't really have the deepest roster.
        The Matchroom goons will come after you for this one.

Their roster is very top heavy. They have some stars but lacks depth like you said. It’ll be interesting to see whether they can bring guys like Plant over to DAZN or whether Canelo moves elsewhere as it seems Eddie wants to build the US stable around Canelo. Without Canelo they don’t really have anyone of interest in the US. Guys like Jacobs, Andrade, Bivol etc are good fighters but they don’t move the needle.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          I think Canelo might go work with PBC/Hamymon for Plant, Charlo, and Benavidez. At this point any member of this board can be Canelos promoter and he’ll still sell.
          I agree, I could see him getting a Pacquiao type deal when he worked with Haymon/PBC. 2-3 fights or even fight by fight. His DAZN options are pretty limited now unless they do GGG 3.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

The problem is that lhw sucks aside from champs & Bivols leftovers (unless I'm forgetting someone?)

We know Beterbieve fight isn't next,neither is Smith rematch who would lose badly anyways
            There are some decent LHW's but none signed with Matchroom. Rumor is that they're going to get Zurdo/Bivol next, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Looks like Top Rank is gunning for Beterbiev/Smith next, which is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

There are some decent LHW's but none signed with Matchroom. Rumor is that they're going to get Zurdo/Bivol next, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Looks like Top Rank is gunning for Beterbiev/Smith next, which is fantastic.
              Golden Boy might move their crew to Triller so who knows? Maybe they don't even bother letting Zurdo fight Bivol.

Comment

GGG is likely after Plant. Likely for May 2022.

Comment

Working...
                X