Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul: Very Soon, I'll Expose Tommy Fury as a Terrible Fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Tommy is a light-heavyweight

but yeah, Tommy has been boxing since he was a kid and sparring heavyweights. His pro opposition hasn’t been good so far but he had amateur fights as a teenager and stuff. He’s not just fell into boxing 2 years ago and reality TV because his name is Fury. I remember IFL videos with him training when he was 14/15

Jake Paul should be careful what he wishes for in this one. It’s not a retired basketball player who can’t box, it’s a 21 year old who has been in the gym since he’s a kid and fighting.
    Yeah, I don't get the hate tbh.

Yes Tommy is knocking over bums, but he's had three fights.

Connor Benn was also fighting guys with losing records at that stage of his career, and now people are calling him the next big thing to come out of the UK.

I suspect that a lot of people hating on Tommy are just anti Tyson Fury guys who are looking for any excuse to have a go.

Tommy is a good lad, his personality is nothing like his cousin, they just share a last name.
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Tommy has been boxing since he was 12 years old, and has had over 10 amateur fights.

He's a real boxer, far more so than Jake Paul.
      10 amateur fights is nothing TBH

I don't buy into that "real" boxer bull**** either. He didn't look remotely impressive against the cans he took on and, quite frankly, Paul has a far, FAR better win in Askren.

Would not surprise me in the slightest if he takes Fury out. I know social media means **** all, but I get the vibe he takes training more seriously than Fury does...who can't decide if he just wants to sit on Instagram lollygagging with his love island girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Tommy is a light-heavyweight

but yeah, Tommy has been boxing since he was a kid and sparring heavyweights. His pro opposition hasn’t been good so far but he had amateur fights as a teenager and stuff. He’s not just fell into boxing 2 years ago and reality TV because his name is Fury. I remember IFL videos with him training when he was 14/15

Jake Paul should be careful what he wishes for in this one. It’s not a retired basketball player who can’t box, it’s a 21 year old who has been in the gym since he’s a kid and fighting.
        People who have "fallen" into boxing have beaten long time fighters for years. Boxing doesnt work like that. You can't play it. You have to stay fresh, committed and adjust to having 6-12 round fights. Conditioning and momentum mean everything. I, again, would not be at all shocked if Fury and Paul end up having a competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

I don't buy into that "real" boxer bull**** either. He didn't look remotely impressive against the cans he took on and, quite frankly, Paul has a far, FAR better win in Askren.

Would not surprise me in the slightest if he takes Fury out. I know social media means **** all, but I get the vibe he takes training more seriously than Fury does...who can't decide if he just wants to sit on Instagram lollygagging with his love island girlfriend.
          Well i guess we'll see. I'm happy to put a ton on Tommy knocking him out, if anyone fancies the bet?

Comment

This BUM Tommy Fury is not even near Jake Paul's level. Tommy has never beaten a MMA GOAT like Ben Askren, where are the big wins? Fury, has never even fought on the big stage ; Triller USA PPV is where its at. But Tommy Fury is already ducking Jake Paul by asking for half of the purse ; are you kidding me?! Just say you are scared to get sparked by a influencer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              This BUM Tommy Fury is not even near Jake Paul's level. Tommy has never beaten a MMA GOAT like Ben Askren, where are the big wins? Fury, has never even fought on the big stage ; Triller USA PPV is where its at. But Tommy Fury is already ducking Jake Paul by asking for half of the purse ; are you kidding me?! Just say you are scared to get sparked by a influencer.
              MMA GOAT, really?

He looked like a fat midget to me, and was probably paid to take a dive anyway.

Comment

MMA GOAT, really?

He looked like a fat midget to me, and was probably paid to take a dive anyway.
                Fat midgets can fight, ask A.J. I think you are hating on Jake Paul, there is no way that Tommy does Ben Askren in one round. Jake Paul's next opponent is probably better than anyone that Tommy Fury has faced. Tommy Fury fights pure tomato-cans, and hes suppose to be from a family of pro-boxers, pitiful.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Fat midgets can fight, ask A.J. I think you are hating on Jake Paul, there is no way that Tommy does Ben Askren in one round. Jake Paul's next opponent is probably better than anyone that Tommy Fury has faced. Tommy Fury fights pure tomato-cans, and hes suppose to be from a family of pro-boxers, pitiful.
                  Tommy has only had 3 fights....

Your boy Deontay made an entire career from fighting tomato-cans btw.

Comment

Well i guess we'll see. I'm happy to put a ton on Tommy knocking him out, if anyone fancies the bet?
                    Tommy said himself he's been Boxing since 13, and had 12 Amateur fights in total. How old did he turn Pro, 18? 19? So that's 12 fights in 5-6 years? The Paul brothers were both apparently very good competitive wrestlers in high school, into college, winning State medals. They have history in physical sports themselves. Is beating three debutants better or worse than beating an 0-9, an 0-11 and an 0-26-2? At least Jake's opponents were unbeaten! Tommy is 6'0 tall and a Light Heavy. Jake is 6'1 and a Cruiser, weighs over 200 lb. on fight night. This is not cut and dry by any stretch bro-dawg.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

Ben Askren couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag, and has no idea how to get his head out of the way of punches either. I would put money on not only Tommy Fury, but every one of the journeyman boxers Tommy has beaten, handling Askren easily.

That doesn't mean Tommy would beat Jake, of course - though I believe he would - but Ben Askren? Do me a ****ing favour mate!

Comment

Working...
                      X