Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul: Very Soon, I'll Expose Tommy Fury as a Terrible Fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

    I actually don’t mind Jake Paul. For a YouTube boxer, he’s pretty good. I’ve always said If you’re a celebrity with no boxing background, don’t fight him unless you want to become a meme for being knocked out.

    the reality is this fight won’t happen. He’s found a nice little money earner fighting names with no boxing background. He isn’t going to fight a young professional boxer with a background in it.

    He will fight another MMA guy with slightly better but still limited striking ability than his last one.

    he’s not stupid, he knows what he’s doing.
    No way…… Is fighting Fury

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by denium View Post
      I've got no idea how good Tommy is, however he is a real boxer, and hence he would flatten Paul with ease.

      This fight will never happen, Paul will just pay another MMA bum to fall over like usual.
      I think Tommy beats Jake based on ability, but Fury has been fighting lots of exceptionally low level bums.
      • Jevgenjis Andrejevs 10-102-3
      • Callum Ide 0-26-2
      • Przemyslaw Binienda 2-26-0
      • Genadij Krajevskij 0-11-0
      • Scott Williams 0-9-0
      There is a valid reason why these fighters are so bad. Maybe bad chin or something? Not sure.

      If Jake wants to start in with real boxers, maybe the names ^ there would be a good start. 0-26, odds are pretty good you're going to win but the problem is the fight won't sell. He would have to take a traditional route of several fights a year instead of big mega ppv shows.

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
        Fun to see Warren have to defend a youtube event.

        Fury would kill him he's a heavyweight, Jake is a cruiserweight, Tommy has been fighting heavyweights (albeit terrible ones), Jake can box a little but he's been fighting nothing really.

        As car crashes go it would more interesting than his other fights..
        Tommy has outweighed every fighter he’s fought thus far and none have been heavyweight bouts.

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by aaronbnb View Post
          Shane Mosley Jr would be a good opponent for Jake Paul.
          No he wouldn't. Jake Paul can't get down to super middleweight, the division Mosley Jr fights in.
          Or are you suggesting Mosley Jr should put-on 30+ pounds to make the fight? Paul is close to 200lbs.
          Here's an idea...Paul should fight somebody his own size for once. Isn't that what boxers are supposed to do?
          Even when when Paul fights these non-boxers, he's made sure to pick guys who are naturally smaller than him.

          Jake Paul is a pantywaist.

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by buddyr View Post

            Regardless if you know him or not, it’s the truth that anyone that doesn’t ***ride these fighters will acknowledge. It’s easy fir me because I like very few fighters today. So I’m never non biased. Joshua, wilder, lomachenko, Lopez, Garcia, tank, Spence, Crawford, Thurman, GGG, ... I dislike them all.
            What were this cage-fighter's comments throughout the WBSS from 118-168-200? What about Wilder vs. Fury? the #.1- #.2 HW in the world, when Ruiz upset Joshua and the rematch that immediately followed? The blazing Super-Fly division? We are about to enter a four-man tournament with Estrada-Gonzalez, Rungvisai-Cuadras, Kazuto-Ioka fought Donnie Nieites for the WBO, Kosei Tanaka dared to be great and challenged Kazuto. Alvarez vs. Saunders is this week, you got two undisputed championships coming up with Ramirez vs. Taylor ; Charlo vs. Castano.

            There is soo much going on in boxing year-round, but these haters are always complaining for the simple fact that they are clueless about boxing, It bothers me that these MMA/casuals fans spit this false narrative that the best dont fight the best in boxing.
            Last edited by 1hourRun; 05-05-2021, 05:57 PM.
            LA_2_Vegas likes this.

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post

              No he wouldn't. Jake Paul can't get down to super middleweight, the division Mosley Jr fights in.
              Or are you suggesting Mosley Jr should put-on 30+ pounds to make the fight? Paul is close to 200lbs.
              Here's an idea...Paul should fight somebody his own size for once. Isn't that what boxers are supposed to do?
              Even when when Paul fights these non-boxers, he's made sure to pick guys who are naturally smaller than him.

              Jake Paul is a pantywaist.
              Jake Paul is A side. Of course Mosley Jr would come up the 30 pounds, just like Askren came up 15 pounds.

              I mean Jake Paul doesn't do weight cuts. If that were a goal, I'm sure he could get down to 175.

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

                What were this cage-fighter's comments throughout the WBSS from 118-168-200? What about Wilder vs. Fury? the #.1- #.2 HW in the world, when Ruiz upset Joshua and the rematch that immediately followed? The blazing Super-Fly division? We are about to enter a four-man tournament with Estrada-Gonzalez, Rungvisai-Cuadras, Kazuto-Ioka fought Donnie Nieites for the WBO, Kosei Tanaka dared to be great and challenged Kazuto. Alvarez vs. Saunders is this week, you got two undisputed championships coming up with Ramirez vs. Taylor ; Charlo vs. Castano.

                There is soo much going on in boxing year-round, but these haters are always complaining for the simple fact that they are clueless about boxing, It bothers me that these MMA/casuals fans spit this false narrative that the best dont fight the best in boxing.
                There are 17 weight classes and the only weight class above 130 that’s worth a damn I’m giving the fans fights is 154. 160-175 everyone is holding out waiting to be csnelo’s next opponent. 190 is irrelevant since Usyk moved up. Hws are trash, 147 Spence is ducking Crawford, Crawford is ****ing Porter, pac is looking for the easiest payday and no one want to fight ennis. 140 does have a unification going on. 17 weight classes and 4 big fights shaping the division planned for the rest of the year so far above 130 is not a good look. Yea, keep on defending your favorite fighters that are ducking competition. And I’m not an MMA or boxing casual. I watch them both faithfully and I’m tired of boring azz bull**** cards that Arum and DLH put on

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by buddyr View Post

                  There are 17 weight classes and the only weight class above 130 that’s worth a damn I’m giving the fans fights is 154. 160-175 everyone is holding out waiting to be csnelo’s next opponent. 190 is irrelevant since Usyk moved up. Hws are trash, 147 Spence is ducking Crawford, Crawford is ****ing Porter, pac is looking for the easiest payday and no one want to fight ennis. 140 does have a unification going on. 17 weight classes and 4 big fights shaping the division planned for the rest of the year so far above 130 is not a good look. Yea, keep on defending your favorite fighters that are ducking competition. And I’m not an MMA or boxing casual. I watch them both faithfully and I’m tired of boring azz bull**** cards that Arum and DLH put on
                  There are stale weight-classes in boxing, sure, and there are network political and financial hurdles that hinders meaningful fights from taking place -- regrettably, there are blatant ducks too . In spite of that, boxing produces a fair amount of top matches, which goes unnoticed by many critics. I have to disagree with your bad judgement on the cruiserweight division, it has produced back to back WBSS with two lineal champions ; Mairis Briedis vs. Yuniel Dorticos just fought for said crown after Oleksandr Usyk moved up -- they are not popular, but that does not mean that these two are not a credit to the sport of boxing, does Dana White know these two? probably not.

                  Lightweight had another #1. vs. #2. in Vasily Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez, even before that Lopez and the former 135 IBF champion Richard Commey had faced-off, then Lopez immediately followed with a unification.

                  I'll agree with you that welterweight is not delivering the goods, but on the bright side of things Errol Spence has unified and will likely pick up the WBA from Ugas, its not Crawford vs. Spence, but these are quality fights.

                  160 : had Canelo vs. Golovkin for the lineal championship, with Danny Jacobs fighting both of them. Since then, Saul Alvarez and Danny Jacobs moved up to 168, obviously its going to affect the weight class, and it takes time to sort who is the best when the top dogs move-out -- its only sensible and fair to factor these things for context before we judge.

                  168 :The winner of the WBSS Callum Smith who fought the WBA champ George Groves, met Canelo who just got done beating Sergay Kovalev for the WBO at 175, again Alvarez is moving/shaking these divisions, that has a impact on the weight-class, boxers moving up and down, finding more opportunities should factor when forming a opinion on boxing. But casuals dont follow or notice these things, all they care about is big names -- which are very few in boxing.

                  175 : before COVID-19, Artur Beterbiev fought the newly crowned lineal champion Oleksandr Gvozdyk, in a IBF-WBC unification, these two had less than 4 title defenses combined when they met.

                  I really look at the board, and not just the pieces when arriving at a conclusion. Boxing has very promising fights being scheduled, two lineal undisputed championships, and maybe a third with Fury and Joshua, bet the critics wont give boxing its props when those fights happen, and still be crying about welterweight, basing their argument that '' The best dont fight the best. '' over Crawford-Spence and ignore everything going on in the sport.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X
                  TOP