Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Triller Offers Amnesty Through June 1st To Offenders Targeted in April 17 Piracy Lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmfao if Arum/Haymon/Oscar couldn't do **** about pirates, you think Triller can?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      lmfao if Arum/Haymon/Oscar couldn't do **** about pirates, you think Triller can?
      This is a scare tactic to squeeze out any extra dollars they can.

Comment

Does this site have a list of names? If not then why would you admit to stealing it? Also for people watching on IPTV they can't go after anyone but the providers who provided the stream.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post

This is a scare tactic to squeeze out any extra dollars they can.
          Of course, the fact that they're giving "amnesty" shows they already know they can't do anything. If they were smart they would have allowed the first one to be bootlegged so people could get a taste for the next one, but as you can see from the comments on here most people ****ing hated it

Personally, I find it disrespectful as all hell for a ***** ass commentator to mock a fighter who's been knocked out.
          Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Network monitoring has come a long way. The surveillance tech exists to back up Triller and UFC's threats. It's more than IP address, they know the device now and can reverse engineer from there.

I'd be careful streaming. Times are changing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
              “VPN firewalls all have to comply and turn over the actual IP addresses of each person who stole the fight in discovery,”

No they dont, most VPN have strict no log policy and end to end encryption so their isn't anything to hand over besides timestamps and random #'s that represent accounts but arent linked to any identifyably data. Take a look at Signal messenger who just been supeoned again for the 2nd time and they legally told the U.S. to chill we aint got no data cause they keep no logs aswell.
              https://signal.org/bigbrother/centra...ia-grand-jury/
              Signal is an engineering marvel with its own systems. They also get white privilege since it's Silicon Valley backed. The feds aren't bashing that CEO's front door in.

The piracy sites are thrown together and use commercial big tech i.e. Cloudflare, some video player API - companies that would cooperate with authorities. The thing is good luck suing some Russian who's putting up the feed. These companies are going to go after the individual users - the john's.

Comment

Originally posted by rmorris003 View Post
                Does this site have a list of names? If not then why would you admit to stealing it? Also for people watching on IPTV they can't go after anyone but the providers who provided the stream.
                A copyright infringement lawyer said: "It would be in the nature of listening to a band cover a song when they don't have a license to publicly perform it. The band might have committed copyright infringement, but the audience did not."

Anyone can come across a page and see something streaming, even someone who is challenged and is not sure how the video is being shown - so it is a long stretch that someone wandering across a video, such as a child or a challenged person could even be identified, let alone sued. Everything I've read is that there are no cases of viewers being sued. And only a few who provided the streams which is what their target would be.

Comment

I don’t remember any fights. I remember a Justin Bieber and Snoop Dog concert.
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronbnb View Post

Signal is an engineering marvel with its own systems. They also get white privilege since it's Silicon Valley backed. The feds aren't bashing that CEO's front door in.

The piracy sites are thrown together and use commercial big tech i.e. Cloudflare, some video player API - companies that would cooperate with authorities. The thing is good luck suing some Russian who's putting up the feed. These companies are going to go after the individual users - the john's.
                    I dont think any "white privliedge" comes into play here, they either have the data or they dont and in signal case they dont, and in quality vpns providers they wont be able to produce teh data either due to the same encryption and no logs polics Yea, im sure they will get alot of "johns", those taht didnt use a vpn and those who used cheap US based vpn service but the ones who actually used a quality vpn service such as protonvpn for example have nothing to worry about (if triller threats were even true but .... they arent.)
                    Last edited by TheBoxGod; 05-03-2021, 08:31 PM.
                    Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronbnb View Post

"they also get white privilege since it's silicon valley based" lol

The dumbest **** i've heard in a while lol
                      Ajvar Ajvar Butt stuff Butt stuff like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X