Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders' Trainer: We Can't Run From Canelo in The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saunders' Trainer: We Can't Run From Canelo in The Fight

By Tris Dixon - On May 8 in the AT&T Stadium in Texas, a slick former middleweight champion takes on a powerful former light-heavyweight belt holder. The consensus is that WBO 168lbs champion Billy Joe Saunders will have to try to outboxing Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, the WBC and WBA ruler, who will likely try to wear down and batter Saunders.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The odds are climbing. After BJS beat Lemieux this matchup was at its height. But Canelo has been active since the restart and looked great. Hearing that BJS was up to 210lbs at one point is not inspiring. I agree he can’t run if he wants the win. He will have to stand his ground at times and look good doing it to win that round. I hope we don’t get a bunch of rubber band defence and pitter patter punches.

Comment

Saunders has virtually no avenue for success here. He would need to move better than Mayweather to avoid Canelo at this stage, he doesn’t. He would need to be a devastating puncher to deter or even hurt Canelo, he’s not. Saunders will start getting caught big and it would be surprising if he makes it to the final bell.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
        Saunders has virtually no avenue for success here. He would need to move better than Mayweather to avoid Canelo at this stage, he doesn’t. He would need to be a devastating puncher to deter or even hurt Canelo, he’s not. Saunders will start getting caught big and it would be surprising if he makes it to the final bell.
        ——————
        Truer words have never been spoken. agree. And this is not a case of Saunders being a bad boxer, it’s just a simple case of the better boxer winning. I don’t think it will be a shut-out for Canelo. Def a clear UD or a late stoppage for Canelo. And Saunders looking good in defeat. I’m thinking it plays out like the Floyd-Cotto fight where Cotto fought gallantly albeit in defeat.

Comment

Well, you certainly can't stand and trade with him either.

Comment

Once BJS tastes those combos, he will gladly get on his bike and take that UD L

Comment

You hope the trainer says something like "we have a plan to beat Canelo, we've seen weaknesses" but instead the words are uninspiring

Comment

Caleb Plant, take notes!

Tibbs: “We started this camp with the [Martin] Murray camp, really, and we’ve continued through. We had two weeks off over Christmas but we’ve kept the balance right and he’s fueled himself right, he’s been eating properly.”

both Canelo and BJS prove that Champions just continue fighting if they’re really about that life. Plant taking the piss with that Feigenbutz performance saying he had a “long camp” and not being inspired for a Canelo payday...lol... contradicts a boxers’ dreams tbh for ultimate prize fighting.

so props to BJS at the very least. I’m glad we’re finally here.

Comment

I envision a violent knockout win for Canelo, somewhere in the middle rounds. Perhaps even a one-punch knockout, as in the Amir Khan fight.

Comment

Unlike Khan , BJ has the strength, chin and movement to frustrate Canelo. As said the plan is not to run as Khan and other fighters have but to work in the pocket and slip . I'm pretty sure fans who don't know BJ will be impressed with how he will do this but I'm not sure if he's got the stamina to keep Canelo off down the stretch and I see he either gets stopped late or gives away enough late rounds to Canelo for a points win but don't be surprised if BJ does the unthinkable .
                    Sweet Scions Sweet Scions likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X