Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Hearn's Matchroom To Part Ways With Sky Sports, Expand Partnership With DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Big move, not surprising, Eddie is a stakeholder in DAZN which I think he’s only admitted once when pressed about it , so it was always on the cards. He might not be a major share holder but he has investment:

Anyway I’ll happily pay a tenner a month if the quality of fights is decent, UK and abroad.

Wonder where sky will go? Maybe that new Sauerland thing?

interesting Whyte isn’t part of the deal, I know he and Eddie work on a fight by fight basis, so it’s understandable he doesn’t have any exclusive broadcaster. Doesn’t mean he won’t fight on DAZN though, it’s likely he could still, just not set in stone.
    Pretty sure the Sauerland Wasserman thing was because they've got the Sky gig. The timing of the partnership suggests its not a coincidence.

Comment

Remember when I was the forum’s #1 “shill”... “DAZN sucks doe...apps won’t work doe” -Haymonite kids

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Congrats to Eddie! Seen this coming years ago though, good investment for DAZN they should have their APP in the UK where the best Boxing Fans are so this is the right investment.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see more big name fighters from abroad coming to fight in the UK too.

if UK is doing big numbers in subscribers, it could essentially force fighters to come to the UK to fight. With DAZN being an international broadcaster, all that matters is putting on fights in a country where they’re getting most prime time viewers. Not like before having a host broadcaster in USA having a prime time slot and then selling to international broadcasters to put on at 4am.

if the DAZN are getting bigger viewers at 9pm on a Saturday in UK than 9pm USA, then expect to see some bigger fights in the UK. The fans would go to the arena too for a good card.

Comment

SKY was a good platform for the casual fans. Most had SKY anyway for the football so tuned in for the boxing too, I'm not sure too many will make the jump over to DAZN.
          I like DAZN so far though. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

We keep hearing that DAZN will bid for the premiership rights when the bidding comes around again. That would be a major move.

Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

The word is those two sign to DAZN separately as per Canelo for mega bucks but the US should have them for free still.

QUOTE=Mammoth;n30862621]So the Joshua and Shyte fights most likely won't be on DAZN for US subscribers?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Who is going to carry on Sky Sports boxing? Well seems like Hearns is doing what Warren did when he left sky sports.

!-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Very glad sky sports messed up with too many ppv

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
                  I don’t understand DAZN. There’s no tv channel for it so how TF do you access it and watch it. It’s ridiculous.

I already pay sky sports for the football so now u have to pay EXTRA for DAZN and then even EXTRA for PPV fights!! Oh HELL NAH!! Screw eddie screw DAZN!
                  If you are of the age to not be able to deal with apps than dont pay attention to what I say.

But the ridiculous thing is to have problems setting up dazn in 2021, honestly. Is netflix also magic to you?

You only have to pay extra for PPV fights if dazn doesnt buy the rights for Joshua's or whytes fights and it ends up on sky. Dazn itself doesnt do PPVs.
                  denium denium Ray* Ray* like this.

Comment

As I don’t pay for Sky I really couldn’t care less. I hope we get more fights, more promoters on DAZN, now I want to see Queensbury on DAZN too. The more fights for us the better, yes the price would probably go up doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
                      I don’t understand DAZN. There’s no tv channel for it so how TF do you access it and watch it. It’s ridiculous.

I already pay sky sports for the football so now u have to pay EXTRA for DAZN and then even EXTRA for PPV fights!! Oh HELL NAH!! Screw eddie screw DAZN!
                      Yeah, Eddie is evil because you don't understand how simple things work. Bad Eddie.

To add a less snarky bit: DAZN is an app. The way I watch DAZN is to run the app on my phone or my tablet, whichever is to hand, and then cast it to my TV via Google Chromecast. If you have a smart TV you can cut the Chromecast out. Alternatively, I sometimes just watch it on the tablet if my missus is watching her stuff on the TV.
                      Last edited by Monty Fisto; 04-21-2021, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X