Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Golovkin Should Fight Andrade In Summer, Then Murata On December 31st

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Murata needs to be stripped. Dude hasnt fought since 2019 and the WBA stripped Pacquiao the same way. Murata could fight now or in the summer but waiting until December is ridiculous. WBA should order an immediate fight with whoever is ranked the highest for Murata and be done
    Murata’s position resets because he took Canelo’s vacancy in the WBA Super. He was promoted, not his original stagnant WBA Regular position

Comment

A highly motivated, hungry GGG could KO both with relative ease even at his advanced age and likely not prime anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
        damn Keith Idec went gangsta on GGG. for years Idec was Team GGG all day errrrday. the Tides are changing up in dis hoe!
        Idec is still team GGG. He said zero negative comments about GGG there. It was Eddie Hearn.

Anyway, GGG being 39, and having made millions of dollars, he probably doesn’t see the need to fight so much anymore unless it’s for big money fights. He is most likely being offered a ton of money to fight Murata in Japan. And he would likely jump at the chance to fight Canelo or Saunders.

Andrade just isn’t on anyone’s radar. He is a title holder but he isn’t a big money fight. So no none of the top guys care to fight him. Even looking as vulnerable as he did vs Williams in a fight he clearly won. He showed he can get tagged and doesn’t like pressure. I can see guys like GGG and Canelo cornering him and backing him up on the ropes and Andrade avoiding to engage and losing on points in a marathon-like performance.

He says he entertained fans by “fighting” Williams. Truth is Williams forced him to fight by applying pressure.

Comment

GGG, Andrade, Charlo are all looking for the Golden Goat in Canelo, especially GGG he's at the end and wants a big chunk of cash to go with him, and will not risk any danger because he wants this fight, one problem, Canelo already has his next 2 fights lined up, I know Plant is not signed yet but I'm pretty sure it will get done. Now, that means GGG wouldn't get a Canelo fight until at least May 2022, and this guy wants the fight at 160, sorry GGG it's not going to happen, man up and fight the other champs at 160 for your legacy because that's up in the air. I'm a nobody talking my opinion on here, but I think it's safe to say that if any of these guys want Canelo, then fight each other, if that's not an option, then go up to 168 and compete there, you know, where Canelo fights. Tired of all these clowns wanting concessions, when they haven't done anything to get those concessions, Man up and prove it.

Comment

GGG is almost 40 and is going to pick and choose who he fights with what time he was left in the sport.

No one is fighting Andrade, he's the middleweight Rigondeaux.... unwatchable, has no fans, awkward to fight. If God smiles on him and he gets the Charlo shot he should thank his lucky stars.

Comment

Yeah, I can dig it! GGG versus Andrade. Get with it! Make the fight happen! Even though Demetrius doesn't like to hit or be hit; I would still have to favor him over Gennady because Golovkin is a lot older and slower now with a lower workrate. He still can punch but he is no longer the "Drama Show".
              Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Golovkin doesn't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  Golovkin doesn't want it.
                  I can't blame him. Andrade won't sit still for a good punch. He would be constantly moving around the ring in order to run out the clock. Also, GGG feet are not as fast as they used to be. He would have trouble just cutting off the ring against Demetrius.

Comment

Golovkin had got to be bankrupting dayzin. Since going off hbo, his career had become irrelevant. How the mighty have fallen

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      I can't blame him. Andrade won't sit still for a good punch. He would be constantly moving around the ring in order to run out the clock. Also, GGG feet are not as fast as they used to be. He would have trouble just cutting off the ring against Demetrius.
                      Then he should just retire. He's making good money but I would think he would still want to challenge himself even at this stage of his career. If he's not going to bother attempting to put together fights most people want to see, then I don't really care to see him fight anymore. Even though Murata is a unification fight, that doesn't really do much for me anyway and the fact that he's waiting until the very last day of the year. It's a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X