Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA fighters can't fight and that sport won't last much longer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFC is for corny for white boys. **** ufc.
    nubianpiye nubianpiye likes this.

Comment

- -Just the UFC sold for 2-3x more than the collection of boxing promoters combined, so the OP typical of the dimwittery of the few boxing fans remaining who trend to the lowbrow end of the IQ scale...ouch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -Just the UFC sold for 2-3x more than the collection of boxing promoters combined, so the OP typical of the dimwittery of the few boxing fans remaining who trend to the lowbrow end of the IQ scale...ouch!!!
        Nope you chat **** boxing is a variety of sole traders how can it sell? Boxing's biggest fights like The floyd Pac fight are more valuable than the top ten heavyweight fights in UFC combined you dimwit.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
          You came to a boxing forum and made a post talking about how boxing is dying despite doing it's best ever ppv's in the last five years and it's highest ever viewership numbers in China to talk up your **** sport that's watched by a couple of redneck ****s in America and you don't think that was trolling?

I'm not sure where ive said boxing is dying considering I dont think it is, and never have done, pretty sure ive actually said its NOT dying on here before at least once. But you're deluding yourself if you think its in the same position that it was 20 years ago. I dont know what Chinese numbers you're talking about but the two biggest boxing PPVs of the last 5 years were retired 40 year old Floyd vs an MMA fighter who was 0-0 in boxing, and 52 year old RJJ vs 53 year old 15 year retired Mike Tyson in an exhibition fight with no official winner, and a co-main of a Youtuber vs an NBA player. Outside of these freakshows boxing PPV is in the ****ter compared to the Floyd/Pac era or the 90s when there was usually multiple big PPV fights per year involving actual legitimate current boxers fighting each other.

And I already told you before that its very likely more people globally are tuning in to a UFC card on a typical weekend than any boxing card so the "American rednecks" talk is ******ed.

Comment

Floyd pac was 2015 6 years ago what are you talking about ERA? and Joshua v Fury will do 2 million easy.

After winning gold at the 2012 Summer Olympics, Zou decided to turn professional. On 23 January 2013, he signed a contract with boxing promotion company Top Rank and was subsequently trained by Freddie Roach. Zou debuted on 6 April 2013, beating Eleazar Valenzuela by unanimous decision. Zou's professional debut generated an estimated 300 million viewers in China. (Wikipedia)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zou_Shiming

You've never even heard of him I bet because you aren't a boxing fan the world is a big place a sport doing 300 million in China is not in decline it's just moving location MMA will never in its life accomplish numbers like this that's the point they aren't the same in any way. Boxing has regional stars UFC is dependent on the organisation to sell like now it has no stars. an old steroid abusing junkly in John Jones is the closest.

Comment

We can all agree that UFC is basically a car park scrap with some jock wrestlers who can’t throw hands for crispy bacon. It’s entertaining as hell.

Comment

MMA/UFC have been coming up with fight cards every week without fail even during the height of the pandemic. Talk about the sport not lasting much longer. Are you stupid or what?

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                  Floyd pac was 2015 6 years ago what are you talking about ERA? and Joshua v Fury will do 2 million easy.
                  Fury/AJ will do 2 mil plus, I agree. Mostly UK buys at around a third of the price of what UFCs PPVs cost in America. Although I do think it could potentially do a mil in the US too if it was on at a convenient time for Americans. Its a huge fight no doubt, bigger than any UFC fight. But its very similar to the Floyd/Pac situation (but at a smaller scale), its boxings big ace in the hole thats getting milked to death, once that hand finally gets played...what next?

You're right I have never heard of that Chinese guy. The most viewed video relating to him on YT has 713k views in 8 years though, 833k in 4 years if I search him in Chinese. Chinese UFC fighter Weili Zhang has 437k views in the last 4 days from one of her fights that was posted. Maybe Chinese Youtube and Chinese social media has him with hundreds of millions of followers and views though, i'll take your word for it. It is funny that you're bringing up China though while saying the UFC is just Americans watching, China is an extremely large insular country so anything that happens there is hardly "global". Weili Zhang is a bigger GLOBAL Chinese star than any Chinese boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    The hand skills of boxers are much more refined than the skills of MMAers, who frankly are jacks of all trades but masters of none. Most of them anyway.
                    Being a jack of all trades MAKES one a master in MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

Fury/AJ will do 2 mil plus, I agree. Mostly UK buys at around a third of the price of what UFCs PPVs cost in America. Although I do think it could potentially do a mil in the US too if it was on at a convenient time for Americans. Its a huge fight no doubt, bigger than any UFC fight. But its very similar to the Floyd/Pac situation (but at a smaller scale), its boxings big ace in the hole thats getting milked to death, once that hand finally gets played...what next?

You're right I have never heard of that Chinese guy. The most viewed video relating to him on YT has 713k views in 8 years though, 833k in 4 years if I search him in Chinese. Chinese UFC fighter Weili Zhang has 437k views in the last 4 days from one of her fights that was posted. Maybe Chinese Youtube and Chinese social media has him with hundreds of millions of followers and views though, i'll take your word for it. It is funny that you're bringing up China though while saying the UFC is just Americans watching, China is an extremely large insular country so anything that happens there is hardly "global". Weili Zhang is a bigger GLOBAL Chinese star than any Chinese boxer.
                      He has never and could never do 300 million PPV buys Youku and Bilbill are more commonly used video streaming services in China not youtube. It's interesting that you consitently use Youtube as the metric to measure success in the last five years one fight the Zou Shimming has pulled in larger numbers than all ufc cards combined for the year and since added together that's the difference in scale between Boxing and MMA.

Garcia v Thurman did 5 Million on regualar tv recently name one MMA card that has done those numbers and that's in the US

Comment

Working...
                      X