Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Demetrius Andrade, Liam Williams - Tensions Erupt at Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams lost to Liam Smith (Twice!) LOL

Comment

Williams getting stopped in the championship round.

Comment

You people kill me hating on Demetrius Andrade when non of you can box a dam lick, his career hasn't been the best but he is a 2 time world champion and an unbeaten one at that! If many of you were face to face with him you would be trying to take a photo get an autograph or ride his nuts, so just stop it; that means you too.

Comment

If Andrade wants to go somewhere with his career he really should try to bang it out with Williams. I honestly think top opponents overlook him not just for being a risk, but for not exciting the fans. Nobody wants to get into a stinker of a fight, specially if you might lose it by points, and a fight that won’t generate interest and a big purse.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
            If Andrade wants to go somewhere with his career he really should try to bang it out with Williams. I honestly think top opponents overlook him not just for being a risk, but for not exciting the fans. Nobody wants to get into a stinker of a fight, specially if you might lose it by points, and a fight that won’t generate interest and a big purse.
            This is it! That is the exact problem and his apparent issues with wanting alot of money against bigger names. He has to take peanuts against them, bet on himself, and look good winning then he'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
              Williams lost to Liam Smith (Twice!) LOL
              He's gotten a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
                I don't fully agree! Yes he's overlooked for being a big risk, but he has a belt. In a game where having a belt or unifying has a good chance of giving you a huge payday if you win and the belt from Andrade (Canelo lottery), this doesn't sound right to me. If Andrade's style makes boxers walk away from a path that has a good chance of leading to Canelo or chance at getting 7 figures plus, boxing deserves what it's become. Why not face Andrade get that belt and automatically be more appealing to top dogs and big $ fights than Andrade?! ( a boxer affraid of loosing in a stinker does not trust his skill and needs to go back to the gym). Making this even weirder to me; with weak opposition and innactivity, Andrade never got to take the next step etc all of which can impact technique. IMO, now would be the time to try and get that belt, the risk is at it's lowest and Andrade's name is still relevant. Had someone done it they could be facing Canelo next instead of crack boy.

Mayweather was called a runner and boring, Maidana found a strategy to make the first fight what it was. We all wanted to see the rematch even those who called Floyd boring. How can so called fans (not you) not understand that there are strategies and techniques to neutralize what ever style, movement, running one can face, it has to be discovered and/or executed. This makes fights interesting...did Maidana find the recipe, was Floyd going to make the adustment or get KOd.

Bloodsport was popular because of that aspect (facing all styles) and probably not the acting. Game of death is a classic because of this. With boxing, either to many people want backyard fights, toe to toe and the and the hardest head/chin wins or they don't want to admit that their fav boxer may be limited and end up dumbing down the sport. (Yes, probably to harsh since these people are passionate fans all sports need)

Bottom line, to me "boring" is a convenient excuse or escape route for the risk-averse like the franchise belts. (btw, I think we now know who called the WBC to become franchise champ..)

Comment

Eddie giving Liam bedroom eyes. Its sorta creepy.

andrade-williams%20(6)_1618600548.jpg

andrade-williams%20(14)_1618600548.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

What kind of promoter has the fight the same night as Jake paul Askren????????????????

It's just DUMB for Andrade especially who is unknown
                    So they're so supposed to schedule a world championship fight based on what Jake Paul does? Ridiculous.

Comment

I hate the Welsh

Comment

Working...
                      X