Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Askren Hits Very Hard, Has Everything He Needs To Beat Jake Paul

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Yes, he was dissing boxing when paulie malignnagi got robbed of a w against artem lobov in bare knuckles. He went online and spent an hour bashing the sport.
    Paulie didn't even throw punches for 3 rounds, bro. Come on

Comment

Originally posted by aaronbnb View Post

Paul is 25 pounds bigger, 2-3 inches taller, faster, younger, more motivated. Ben doesn't respect the sport. KO for Jake Paul. If Jake Paul keeps progressing, in 2-3 years, Chavez Jr would be a good opponent.
      Ben Askren is world class athlete in combat sports.

Jake Paul is a YouTube celeb who has a couple years of boxing training and has knocked out 2 people with zero experience in combat sports.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Jake Paul is a YouTube celeb who has a couple years of boxing training and has knocked out 2 people with zero experience in combat sports.
        Should be interesting. This is why they fight the fights.
        1bad65 likes this.

Comment

Paul spars top level boxers and they all say he is legit

Comment

Originally posted by grutsch View Post
            Askren punches with his core, while Jake punches with his shoulders. I can't believe the odds in this fight. I reactivated my betting account and will put 10€ on Askren.
            Interesting, because Askren truly looks awful when fighting. But, if he really does hit from his core then he'll have the power game over Paul. I think engaging you core in boxing is something that takes a few years to learn and, even then, many inexperienced fighters are likely to resort to bad habits when the pressure of a televised fight is there.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Uh no he's not. He was a stand in for a lot of guys because of who he was connected with, but he was never like a top guy that HAD top guys. Even Pacquiao was filled with *'s if you look at who he fought when he fought them. He trains one style actually. So far from the most skilled.
              True. Didn't Roach inherit a lot of his champions? IDK if he's ever built a champ from the ground up so to speak. A lot of those guys were champs before he got to them. I don't think he's a bad trainer, but yeah might be a tad overrated. And he's old now on top of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

WOW!!! And this guy was a MMA champion?! WOW!! These cage-fighters are awful, how is it possible that a professional athlete ( and one that competes in combat sports ) is the underdog to a social-media influencer? I would be embarrassed to be a MMA fan right now, that sport is a joke.
                loooool

that hurts my heart

But in all seriousness, Askren is hardly the greatest representative. He got away with basically no standup in One FC but thats a lesser promotion. The fact was highlighted when he lost 2 of his 3 UFC fights and scraped the other.

Comment

I have no basis to evaluate this fight. Have heard valid points for both opponents. Its not what I would call a "toss up" so much as a situation where one set of factors will probably prove to be of the most importance. One guy is bigger, stronger, perhaps more determined, and has stand up skills that are more in parity with the rules (boxing). They other guy is a professional athlete, with crude striking skills, but experience. AS far as physical shape, MMA guy is not too heavy, so I do not think he is in bad shape. Many people who can punch do not look the part... Fury for example.

So it should become apparent relatively fast, which factors are in play here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Changed my mind. Hoping for a Jake Paul KO
                    Paul for the ko, freddie roach wrong again lol

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Ay where you at bro?

Comment

Working...
                      X