Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Mir: Steve Cunningham Fight Is Most Difficult Boxing Debut, He's Tougher Than Tarver

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Mir: Steve Cunningham Fight Is Most Difficult Boxing Debut, He's Tougher Than Tarver

Frank Mir is no stranger to the fight game. The former UFC heavyweight champion has fought 32 times as a mixed martial artist and racked up 19 wins. The forty-one-year-old will be looking for a new kind of victory when he makes his professional boxing debut against Steve Cunningham on April 17 on Triller pay per view as one of the supporting bouts on the Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren card.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Guys, I'm really concerned for boxings reputation here. I mean, Frank Mir is a real Mix-Martial artist, we seen how effective Tyson Fury was against Steve Cunningham employing MMA tactics. I have no doubt that Frank is studying Fury vs. Cunningham, and will be looking to employ headlocks and joke-holds on USS Cunningham, the same way. I think the UFC fanboys are finally going to have a W over us.

Comment

Mir must be a masochist. He’s in for another concussion and another sleep on the canvas. Cunningham will be more dangerous than Tarver.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Guys, I'm really concerned for boxings reputation here. I mean, Frank Mir is a real Mix-Martial artist, we seen how effective Tyson Fury was against Steve Cunningham employing MMA tactics. I have no doubt that Frank is studying Fury vs. Cunningham, and will be looking to employ headlocks and joke-holds on USS Cunningham, the same way. I think the UFC fanboys are finally going to have a W over us.
        Tyson Fury was a giant fighting a Cunningham that'd recently moved up to heavyweight.

Mir is the same height as Cunningham and they're both old as ****.

Cunningham UD's him.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Tyson Fury was a giant fighting a Cunningham that'd recently moved up to heavyweight.

Mir is the same height as Cunningham and they're both old as ****.

Cunningham UD's him.
          Yo, I got to look up this fight ; I dont even know how many rounds Cunningham vs. MIr is set for. I'm looking forward to this 'Trilla' card tho, rooting for that Jake Paul kid to beat up that other cage-fighter, that is a massive L for the UFC!

Comment

This is more interesting than the Paul fight honestly.

Comment

Yo, I got to look up this fight ; I dont even know how many rounds this is set for. I'm looking forward to this 'Trilla' card tho, rooting for that Jake Paul kid to beat up that other cage-fighter, that is a massive L for the UFC!
              No its a massive L for boxing that the biggest "boxing" PPV of the year will probably be a Youtuber vs a guy whos main claim to fame is being KO'd in 5 seconds in the UFC. While the UFC is generating millions of PPV buys on a consistent basis from actual legitimate fights.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

No its a massive L for boxing that the biggest "boxing" PPV of the year will probably be a Youtuber vs a guy whos main claim to fame is being KO'd in 5 seconds in the UFC. While the UFC is generating millions of PPV buys on a consistent basis from actual legitimate fights.
                The fact that notable celebrities prefer to stage their fights in the squared-circle, instead of rolling around on the floor like dogs in a bloody-cage says it all.

Comment

The fact that notable celebrities prefer to stage their fights in the squared-circle, instead of rolling around on the floor like dogs in a bloody-cage says it all.
                  It says that the UFC wont host that **** because they dont need to scrape the barrel for a fleeting moment of mainstream attention. It also says that its easier and safer for these celebrities to put big gloves on and punch a bit for 3 min rounds than trying to learn additional MMA stuff and potentially getting kicked and elbowed in the face or having their arm snapped off.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

It says that the UFC wont host that **** because they dont need to scrape the barrel for a fleeting moment of mainstream attention. It also says that its easier and safer for these celebrities to put big gloves on and punch a bit for 3 min rounds than trying to learn additional MMA stuff and potentially getting kicked and elbowed in the face or having their arm snapped off.
                    Tell that to WWE reject CM-Punk.

Comment

Working...
                    X