12 ROUNDS

and

Carlos Gongora vs Christopher Pearson

12 Rounds

and

Demetrius Andrade vs Liam Williams
    12 Rounds

BETTING ODDS:

Majidov: -2000 Fedosov: +900 (x3 on Fedosov)
    Gongora: -700 Pearson: +420 (x2 on Pearson)
    Andrade: -333 Williams: +250

Optional X5 Multiplier only applicable on Fedosov, Pearson and Williams .

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/mahammadrasul-majidov-v-andrey-fedosov/winner
    https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/c...pearson/winner
    https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/d...illiams/winner

Ways fighters can win:

DECISION: CLOSE (0-6), CLEAR (7-18), WIDE (19+)
    KO: EARLY (1-4), MID (5-8) or LATE (9-12)

Examples of the ways you can state your decision:

PICK EM CREW, Fedosov, KO, Early x5
    PICK EM CREW, PEARSON, DEC, CLEAR x3
    PICK EM CREW WILLIAMS DEC WIDE X3
    If no multiplier is specified in your pick (ie x2, x3) then it will be assumed that no multiplier is being used (x1)
    If you wish to pick a Draw result, simply state your Username, both fighter names and DRAW, ie:

PICK EM CREW, WILLIAMS ANDRADE DRAW

NOTES:
    -Picking the correct winner earns 20 pts
    -Picking the correct method earns 10 pts
    -Picking the correct detail is worth 10 pts
    -Draws are worth 150 pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 40pts.

-CLOSE is 6 or fewer pts difference, 115 - 113 on all three scorecards or closer. CLEAR is 7 - 18 pts difference, between 115 - 113 and 117 - 111 on all three scorecards. WIDE is anything over 18 points or over 117 - 111 average on three scorecards

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 10 doubles and 6 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread. Every player also has 3 x5 special multipliers which can be only be used on an underdog (+100 or greater) fighter.

If I could ask one of the mods to kindly sticky this thread and remove anything else Pick Em related except the 2021 masterthread, be greatly appreciated. And thanks once again for your help gentlemen.

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

BigZ44, Majidov, KO, Mid
    BigZ44, Gongora, KO, Late
    BigZ44, Williams, KO, Mid
    Last edited by BigZ44; 04-16-2021, 01:02 AM.

Comment

mlac
      Mahammadrasul Majidov KO early x2
      Carlos Gongora KO early X2
      Williams KO late X5

im going for it

Comment

Okay gents finally made the call on which fights to include using our specially developed strategic data analysis and randomisation procedures... Basically it boils down to me thinking an upset's marginally more likely in the Majidov vs Fedosov fight than in Rougarou vs Redkach and.. umm... flipping a coin.

Pearson vs Gongora's a tricky one... Pearson was touted coming up as a JMW prospect but seemed to have come unstuck with losses to Deloach and Walker but the Falcao win at 160 2 years ago suddenly kinda made him somewhat relevent again. Gongora on the other hand has been quietly piling up relatively insignificant wins under the radar at MW but suddenly became relevent at SMW with a classy win over touted GGG protege Ali Akhmedov late last year... but aside from the win over the untested Akhmedov he's beaten pretty much no-one. Way I see it Gongora has both the experience at the higher weight and the advantage of activity but the bookies still seem to think Pearson's in with a modest chance... enough to give this one some interest... see whether Pearson can live up to some of his potential or whether Gongora's win over Akhmedov was just a result of a advantageous styles clash.

Andrade vs Williams... actually a pretty damn decent fight to my eyes and certainly not the walkthrough some might imagine... Williams is underated to my mind and he will come to fight. Course Boo Boo's favourite for a reason but I'm thinking we'll see a pretty competitve fight here.

Best of luck gents

K

EDIT: Gotta a busy week this week IRL so I ain't sure when Ima find time to get the updates done but I'll definitely aim for getting it done by Saturday evening before the Hard Rock card... unless you got any free time asgarth?
        kushking likes this.

Comment

OK gents take note... the current Pick Em leader mlac and resident boxing savant BigZ44 both picking Williams for the upset. These ain't opinions that should be taken lightly.

Comment

Tatabanya, Majidov, KO, early ... BTW, is Fedosov actually Brian Minto fighting under a Russian name?
            Tatabanya, Gongora, KO, late
            Tatabanya, Andrade, KO, late
            mlac likes this.

Comment

Majidov, KO, Mid
              Gongora, KO, Mid
              Andrade, Decision, Close

Comment

Ganondorf Majidov KO Late
                Ganondorf Gongora Dec Close
                Ganondorf Andrade KO mid

Comment