Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Rallies, Edges Maxim Vlasov With Majority Decision, Wins WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    The right man won.
    I bet your from America

Comment

• joe smith is simply easier to promote, can generate more money, and has a more powerful promoter. 34 year old maxim vlasov? come on now cant do anything with that

Comment

• Joe Smith looks like a fine opponent for Canelo.

Comment

• I had bet on a draw, which is perhaps what the actual outcome should have been. Vlasov fought an excellent fight, but he also ate several big shots from Smith Jr.
          Last edited by Tatabanya; 04-11-2021, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rudy View Post
            He lost all the rounds white American privilege at it best his promoter knows he won before the scores were read
            yes white privilege against a white Russian. it doesn't matter what the skin colour is, the 'home' fighter has always received the decision if the fight was close, and even when the fight isnt close. but nice to see your trying to turn this into a race issue. like we dont have enough of that **** on here already

Comment

• Didn't watch the fight as I was too occupied with the DAZN and Showtime cards. I figured Smith would struggle with Vlasov; the Russian is a big LHW and very durable with some decent boxing skills. Vlasov's biggest problem is his lack of power and is the reason for the majority of his losses.

Comment

• This fight was razor thin close and the scoring could have gone either way. Anyone who had this more than 7 to 5 in rounds for either fighter is obviously biased.

Comment

• I'm a long time Joe Smith fan, and as I saw it, Vlasov won, and not only that, but based on Smith's performance in this fight, I have no doubt but that Artur Beterbiev will beat Smith by K.O. I can only hope that Smith proves me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by rudy View Post
                    He lost all the rounds white American privilege at it best his promoter knows he won before the scores were read
                    I would have thought it difficult to make a white fighter fighting a white fighter a race thing, but here we are.

Comment

• Huge Joe Smith fan, but I felt Vlasov won the boxing match, it was close and Im happy that Joe is a world champ and I can see him being satisfied feeling like the world champ, but I didn't see him win 7rds, would of been fine with a draw, still don't feel it was a robbery

That shot to the head saved Vlasov from a real knock down, Vlasov just gave Joe a pace he couldn't cope with, every time Joe landed to the body he would rattle Vlasov, but like always Joe started to late, he always seems confused or not settled in into what should be the gameplan or him actually applying what can take him to victory in the early rds
                      Great tough fight for a pair of light heavyweights

Comment

Working...
                      X