Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Rejects Whyte's Claim That Corner Nearly Stopped Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin Rejects Whyte's Claim That Corner Nearly Stopped Fight

Alexander Povetkin and members of his team are rejecting some of the statements being made by Dillian Whyte. According to Whyte, the Russian boxer was nearly pulled out by his team when he came back to the corner upon the conclusion of the fourth round of their first encounter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Povetkin and his team are lying.
    Whyte speaks Russian fluently so he would know. Man of many talents

Comment

To be fair, Whyte said something else to what was reported.

We're pulling you out at the end of this round, means that he has to show something in the next round and if he doesn't then you take him out of the fight.

Which would have been perfectly reasonable. Another round like that and I'm not even sure the referee would have given the corner the choice.

I don't know if they said it as my Russian isn't great. But it would be a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

Comment

No they didn’t Whyte is full of it. Povetkin wasn’t even hurt after the 4th. He was alert & looked fine. He got caught a couple times but he did not look like a guy who was about to get pulled from the fight. He came back out & laid Whyte out. Whyte should just shut up & face the facts that he didn’t get the job done. If he was about to get pulled then why couldn’t he close the show early in the 5th? Povetkin timed his uppercut & it was over. The more he speaks the more I want Povetkin to blast him out again.
        !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Whyte can talk all the rubbish he wants he got KTFO... Bottomline.....Yes he got to Povetkin but he woke him up and Pov turned it up a notch and put his ass to sleep. So stop talking all that BS and get ready for the rematch. U lucky u have a contract that say you get a rematch CLOWN
          !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Whyte got knocked out so hard several months later he still shows signs of brain damage talking nonsense.
            !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

No amount of words that Whyte will say will erase that he got put to sleep with one punch.
              !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

It don’t make no difference he was knocked out clean Whyte. A boring 12 safety first points win for Whyte which really does not tell us anything. He got laid out

Comment

I've actually heard Whyte getting credit in the media for being a good sportsman and making no excuses.Then again they all act like he actually won and the picture of him laying on the floor was just him having a nap after the fight was over.
                  garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Povetkin's corner said he was not doing as he was told and the Englishman was weak and small. Povetkin then shouted "I fight to win! For me! For me!" It was at this point that Povetkin decided to knock him out.

Comment

Working...
                    X