Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev: I Won't Move To Cruiserweight, But For a Great Fight I Would!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev: I Won't Move To Cruiserweight, But For a Great Fight I Would!

IBF, WBC light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev is not considering the possibility of moving up in weight - unless a significant fight comes along. A move to cruiserweight would require a jump of 25-pounds for Beterbiev (15-0, 15 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not a lot of fighters are ever going to be making that jump, ever. When cruiser was 190 it was tough, at 200 it is near impossible

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      Not a lot of fighters are ever going to be making that jump, ever. When cruiser was 190 it was tough, at 200 it is near impossible
      Yeah, that is a ton of size difference from 175 to a max of 200. Beterbiev is a monster no one wants anything to do with in this division. He may get swatted aside fairly easy trying to mix it up with fighters who rehydrate to above HW minimums.

Comment

Nah. The only big fight there is Briedis and Beterbiev would get absolutely slaughtered.

Comment

The rest of the LHWs are letting him time-out. He's now 36 and there is a real danger we won't get to see King Artur in the big fights we need to see him in. I hate this side of the sport so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            Nah. The only big fight there is Briedis and Beterbiev would get absolutely slaughtered.
            He fought big 200lb men in the amateurs ,such as Usyk and handled them well.Its not a bad fight with Briedis imo.

Comment

Working...
            X