Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: I Don't Need To Fight Teofimo Lopez To Become A Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Then KingRy shouldn't have a problem taking that Green Belt from him! If he chooses Fortuna instead, then he's suspect!
    Fortuna is not an easy fight for anybody. Look all the fighters that he has faced and beaten lately. Better record than any of those other guys, he is a live dog. Odds are with the young bloods but Fortuna is a live dog.

Comment

Haven’t seen a more manufactured “star” than this guy.

Comment

Just fight Fortuna already FFS....i"ll even take a Linares matchup. Those 2 fights would give us a better gauge of the level you're at, instead of the level you claim to be cause you stunk out the joint against an ancient shot to **** gamboa.

Comment

I feel like these guys plan is just gonna be to talk sh^t about each other for the next 2 years before any fight happens. I'm already bored with it doe.

Comment

I saw the headline and properly thought it said "Haney: I need to fight to Teofimo Lopez to become a star" and I thought, oh, he's showing some self-awareness and had a rethink. But I misread and it's a nothing story.

If Haney can't get Tank or Lopez then he needs to go a rung down and eliminate everyone else who is decent in the division. Make a case for himself. It is difficult when Lopez holds all the other belts, because that really is the choice fight for him, but Ryan Garcia would make a lot of sense -- because it would raise Haney's profile and because Garcia is the mandatory for his belt and they are on the same platform.

Comment

If Haney wants to be a star, he's going to need to take risk with opponents he fights and risk taking more chances in the ring. Needs to be more aggressive.

Comment

Supported this guy when he fought at Pechanga a few years ago but don't really care for him anymore with the way he's been conducting himself.

Comment

Haney should fight Loma next. For all his mouthing off, he aint fought nobody. Hell, if he refuses to fight Loma, he should fight Nakatani, Verdejo, Fortuna or Linares

Comment

Shouldn't he be saying "I want the best, get me the best so I can prove I'm a star"??? The lightweights are holding the entire division hostage without even demanding a ransom!
                    Last edited by richardt; 03-05-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Fortuna is not an easy fight for anybody. Look all the fighters that he has faced and beaten lately. Better record than any of those other guys, he is a live dog. Odds are with the young bloods but Fortuna is a live dog.
                      Fortuna absolutely a live dog. Someone needs to give him the shot at the title that he earned.

Comment

Working...
                      X