Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khalid Baker Left Without Fight, Opponent Misses Weight By More Than 40 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khalid Baker Left Without Fight, Opponent Misses Weight By More Than 40 Pounds

Khalid Baker is left without a fight after one of the worst scale fails in boxing history. The unbeaten cruiserweight was forced to drop out of Thursday's show in his hometown of Flemington, Australia due to scheduled opponent Hayden Wright grossly missing weight. The 35-year old clubfighter from Perth weighed more than 40 pounds above the contracted 210-pound catchweight which in turn prompted an immediate cancellation.
    [Click Here To Read More]

To be fair, calling them cruiserweights with a 210 pound "catchweight" is kinda weird.
    shza shza likes this.

Comment

Why not calling Andy Ruiz? For sure he would have made the weight in no time...

Comment

I blame Baker for being out of shape actually.

He’s supposed to be a light heavyweight and he’s fighting at heavyweight.

He contracted to fight a fat club boxer who uses boxing for weight loss. The guy fights at heavyweight and gets beat up. His weight fluctuates from 205 to 300 pounds. He’s had a two year layoff.

Get in shape and fight a light heavyweight. Don’t expect someone who loves food to be able to hit a catchweight you made up.

Or just outbox him for four rounds because he’s 2-13 and you’re a prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          I blame Baker for being out of shape actually.

He’s supposed to be a light heavyweight and he’s fighting at heavyweight.

He contracted to fight a fat club boxer who uses boxing for weight loss. The guy fights at heavyweight and gets beat up. His weight fluctuates from 205 to 300 pounds. He’s had a two year layoff.

Get in shape and fight a light heavyweight. Don’t expect someone who loves food to be able to hit a catchweight you made up.

Or just outbox him for four rounds because he’s 2-13 and you’re a prospect.
          The last line makes sense to me. Hell go ahead and take the fight. At 210 pounds your a heavyweight so Wright is just a big Heavyweight.

Comment

I think if I was 40lbs over the weight, I wouldn't even show up for the weigh in. Seriously, I'd be giving them the "I hurt my hand in sparring" story and calling that sheit off

Comment

BS Story of the Week!

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                I think if I was 40lbs over the weight, I wouldn't even show up for the weigh in. Seriously, I'd be giving them the "I hurt my hand in sparring" story and calling that sheit off
                I was thinking the same thing. Its a bit embarrassing coming in a few pounds overweight, 40 is a joke and you'd need a week in a plastic sheet peddling frantically to shed that, which would of killed him.

So why even show up? Just lie and say sorry.
                GGG Gloveking GGG Gloveking likes this.

Comment

Lol fvkc, 40lbs?

Comment

Well. This guy broke a record.

Sounds like someone should have moved up LONG ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X