Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora: If I Was Okolie, I'd Win That Belt and Then Move Up To Fight Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chisora: If I Was Okolie, I'd Win That Belt and Then Move Up To Fight Whyte

Heavyweight Derek Chisora would like to see unbeaten Lawrence Okolie capture the cruiserweight world title and then make a move in weight for a showdown with veteran Dillian Whyte.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Okolie at heavyweight could work. He has the stature to put on 20 pounds and be effective IMO I'm not sure how well he will carry power and other things or how he will feel about getting hit by the bigger stronger guys but that's where the bigger fights are for him.

Comment

Forget HW. Dont see anything special in him at his current weight.

Comment

*note to self will research who this guy is who chisora is talking about*
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I just can't see it translating well for Okolie. He's tall and rangy for cruiserweight and uses that to make things awkward and difficult for his opponents. I don't see him having that advantage with the bigger heavyweights. I don't rate him particularly fast with his hands or feet either; In my opinion he would bring no skill or attribute that makes him dangerous at HW.

Comment

I don't see him making any noise at heavyweight, but who knows? One can potentially do a lot with a 6'5" frame and an 82" reach. Maybe we should see how he does against Glowacki, however, who will be far and away his toughest fight to date.

Comment

Okolie ftw
              ps how do I see if I get quoted in this new forum???

Comment

I get there is bigger money at HW, but if you get leveled a couple times you are not getting the cash anyways. If you are not carrying at least 220 into that arena of giants fighting at 240 and 260, you do not belong. Some CW cannot roll that high and still box effectively or have power.

Okolie has a nice career path. What is the rush? Plenty to accomplish past getting a belt.

Comment

Working...
                X