No announcement yet.

NSB MIDWEEK PICK EM. THURSDAY 4th MARCH 2021

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post

Bohachuk appears legit enough. I just think Adams has been in a little tougher. What's also clear is that Bohachuk isn't a one punch type, he's more a poor man's pre-wraps Margarito type...but slower of hand and less accurate.

And there's the problem.

Adams has proven he can press taller opponents and be very sharp inside.

So yeah, the safe money is Bohachuk mid to late stoppage...but the smart money might want to find out how Bohachuk acts after 7 or 8 rounds of being hit a little more than he is landing.
    Bohachuk looks too basic for me honestly. He just overwhelms fighters with a ton of volume, not a concussive puncher, doesnt set up his punches well and just fought stationary no defense guy recently other than brunson, but brunson isnt any good. That style looks gold versus lower level fighters, but should be exposed at a higher level.

I was suprised when they opened the odds on the KO so short. It moved now and sits at 1.9, but I still think its less likely than the decision. Adams is elusive and went 12 with Charlo. Difficult to catch clean and even then took some good uppercuts from charlo. Adams is also in proper shape, so the knockout due to getting tired and sloppy is also less likely.

Comes down to me whether Bohachuk really has top level stamina and can just put his insane pressure for 10 rounds. Adams is prone to getting outworked, but he is also able to land sneaky punches in exchanges. Bohachuk not exactly difficult to find inbetween punches, but you need to be defensively sound enough to avoid his follow up attack.
    If Adams doesnt get overwhelmed and beaten up to much in the first half, he definitely has a chance to take over in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post

Bohachuk looks too basic for me honestly. He just overwhelms fighters with a ton of volume, not a concussive puncher, doesnt set up his punches well and just fought stationary no defense guy recently other than brunson, but brunson isnt any good. That style looks gold versus lower level fighters, but should be exposed at a higher level.

I was suprised when they opened the odds on the KO so short. It moved now and sits at 1.9, but I still think its less likely than the decision. Adams is elusive and went 12 with Charlo. Difficult to catch clean and even then took some good uppercuts from charlo. Adams is also in proper shape, so the knockout due to getting tired and sloppy is also less likely.

Comes down to me whether Bohachuk really has top level stamina and can just put his insane pressure for 10 rounds. Adams is prone to getting outworked, but he is also able to land sneaky punches in exchanges. Bohachuk not exactly difficult to find inbetween punches, but you need to be defensively sound enough to avoid his follow up attack.
      If Adams doesnt get overwhelmed and beaten up to much in the first half, he definitely has a chance to take over in the second half.
      OK, brother, you and koolkc107 just convinced me to go studying more videos of the two, and that made me change my pick to Adams KO mid. Indeed there's a huge difference in class between the two, and now that I have seen Bohachuk's weak technique again, I jumped off his bandwagon.

For sure I'll repent tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post

Bohachuk is definitely basic but he has a wrinkle or two. He'll throw from odd angles and at times he can be awkward.

But yeah, it's about if he can take what he dishes over a full distance. Because he is no defensive genius, relying on his offense and high workrate to mask his flaws a bit.. Gets caught flush a bit too much for my tastes too.

It could all be moot if Bohachuk is sharper than we've seen thus far tho.

Comment

Ccarroll2133

Bohachuk KO. MID

Comment

Mammoth, Bohachuck, Decision, Close

Comment

Mathed

Bohachuk, KO/TKO, MID

Comment

ShoulderRoll, Bohachuk, KO, LATE

Comment

Idunnoshet
                  Adams / KO / Late

Comment

Ding..ding..ding
                    Time stamp. Bohachuk vs Adams underway!
                    Weird af having a Thursday fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Good choice, man... anyhow I just put my usual peanuts in there, five fivers on each round of the second half for an Adams KO win. It will never happen, but if it does I win either 230 or 310...
                      Congrats on another one!

Comment

Working...
                      X