Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB MIDWEEK PICK EM. THURSDAY 4th MARCH 2021

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

    I'm not entirely convinced about Bohachuk after watching some of his fights, he won all of them by KO but never fought high-caliber opponents.

    Still, he looks like a hard-punching, non-stop machine. Adams has experience and better quality of opposition. He lost a wide decision to Jermall Charlo, but what rings my bell is that he was stopped by John Thompson, who definitely hits less hard than Bohachuk. My guess is that the Ukrainian will ultimately get to him to make a statement.

    Or else, we could be in for his first loss, who knows...
    That kinda sums it up... Adams has faced guys of a much higher calibre but fallen short, Bohachuk hasn't faced anyone who's done a damn think but knocked em all out. They have a common opponent in Brunson who they both KOd in 4... that was pretty much when Bohachuk first came to my notice I think and he's continued to look good since then.

    Really no way of knowing how these big 100% KO prospects are gonna look when they step it up a bit, whch is why this makes for an intriguing fight. Adams may not be a world beater, but he's capable and a big, big step up for the young Ukrainian.

    EDIT: Ooops, posted from the CREW account instead of my own... still, hardly a controversial opinion.

    K

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

      I'm not entirely convinced about Bohachuk after watching some of his fights, he won all of them by KO but never fought high-caliber opponents.

      Still, he looks like a hard-punching, non-stop machine. Adams has experience and better quality of opposition. He lost a wide decision to Jermall Charlo, but what rings my bell is that he was stopped by John Thompson, who definitely hits less hard than Bohachuk. My guess is that the Ukrainian will ultimately get to him to make a statement.

      Or else, we could be in for his first loss, who knows...
      Hmmm dont get why you would pick a late KO though. Adam's went 12 with charlo and showed capable defense. Bohachuk never past 6 and isnt a concussive puncher. His KOs are all from overwhelming his opponents. (He also fought against tailor made opponents who stand right in front of him and Brunson who just isnt durable).
      Apparently, Adam's had to shed 12 pounds at the day of the weigh in for that thompson fight (he ended up still not being able to make weight. So seems to be a legit excuse.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by asgarth View Post

        Hmmm dont get why you would pick a late KO though. Adam's went 12 with charlo and showed capable defense. Bohachuk never past 6 and isnt a concussive puncher. His KOs are all from overwhelming his opponents. (He also fought against tailor made opponents who stand right in front of him and Brunson who just isnt durable).
        Apparently, Adam's had to shed 12 pounds at the day of the weigh in for that thompson fight (he ended up still not being able to make weight. So seems to be a legit excuse.
        As I said, I have no real certainty here. I envision Bohachuk's non-stop pressure being too much for Adams at one point. But as you correctly say, who knows if the Ukrainian has enough gas in the tank to sustain that action until the later rounds? That's the intrigue. Usually, thin-muscled bangers do well enough in terms of resistance (see Kelly Pavlik). It remains to be seen if Bohachuk will rise to the occasion, or just flop.

        On the other hand, Adams having to shed all those pounds before the Thompson fight might be revelatory about his training habits...
        Last edited by Tatabanya; 03-02-2021, 05:02 AM.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

          As I said, I have no real certainty here. I envision Bohachuk's non-stop pressure being too much for Adams at one point. But as you correctly say, who knows if the Ukrainian has enough gas in the tank to sustain that action until the later rounds? That's the intrigue. Usually, thin-muscled bangers do well enough in terms of resistance (see Kelly Pavlik). It remains to be seen if Bohachuk will rise to the occasion, or just flop.

          On the other hand, Adams having to shed all those pounds before the Thompson fight might be revelatory about his training habits...
          Btw bookies seem to agree with the bohachuk KO. They just opened it at 1.6 which is way mispriced in my opinion. The price is definitely going to move.

          Comment


          • #15
            ruedboy

            Bohachuck KO Mid

            Comment


            • #16
              Serhii Bohachuk Ko-mid Brandon Adam........Rockin'

              Comment


              • #17
                Serhii is -550, Brandon is +340 at my sportsbook.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Serhii is -550, Brandon is +340 at my sportsbook.
                  Yeah it's up on oddschecker now, though averaged out across the range Brandons coming in at a bit under +300. Surprised it's that wide TBH, Serhii may have the flashy KO record but he honestly ain't done much yet. I'll get it added to the OP now and thx for the heads up.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    RJJ,

                    Adams Dec Close.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      YoungManRumble

                      Adams, Decision, Clear

                      Hmm I posted this from my phone like 20 minutes ago but didn't go through for whatever reason. I'll have to remember not to post picks on mobile anymore.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP