Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Triller Can Buyout Teofimo Lopez's Contract If They Like Him So Much, We Made $800K In 5 Minutes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum played his cards right here even though I hate to give that old geezer any credit.

Comment

Crawford is pissed, Fury is pissed, Teofimo is pissed, and there's only one common denominator! Mr. Mayweather, please make an offer to buyout Terence Crawford? We need the BIG fight in 2021! Do it for the culture fam!

Comment

Keep that same energy

If you criticized Haymon for big purses in PBC

Don’t celebrate trilla doing it

This will probably be Ppv

I thought mismatch ppvs were a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          That's a terrible fight that Arum now doesn't have to pay for. I don't understand why he's upset.
          He's not, he's ecstatic.

DAZN is ESPN's direct competitor. He's mad that Hearn was trying to take a fight he had no stake in. Had Teo gone to DAZN even for one fight, it would have been bad for TR. But since DAZN didn't win the bid, he's fine; he doesn't have to tap into his budget and made 800k.

ESPN still loses in that they don't get to put their new ratings draw on their air, but in theory Arum can use the scratch to try and make another that will draw viewers.

Comment

Leicesterage Arum isn't bashing his fighter his fighter decided to go and get someone crazy enough to overpay for George Kambosos!!! If Haymon didn't want to overpay for a unknown contender against Spence would you be saying he "bashed" his fighter if Spence got someone dumb enough to overpay for a unknown fighter??!! I don't think so

Comment

Lopez is either gonna wait out his contract or take whatever arum offers. The fact he got paid that much for a weak fight is ridiculous

Comment

Fighters paying a promoter 20% just so he can insult, disrespect them and tell them that they're not worth much?

BGB%2BArum%2BKing%2BLaughing%2BGIF.gif

Comment

That's a terrible fight that Arum now doesn't have to pay for. I don't understand why he's upset.
                  My guess is because it's going to set a precedent. When Lopez actually fights an opponent people have heard of, or a fight people want to see he's going to demand a huge amount more than this.

Comment

miked85 not the same PBC overpays for their "stars" to fight scrubs and TR doesn't and Triller has nothing to do with TR so why the unnecessary hate for TR when their fighter got someone dumb enough to overpay??

Comment

If he gets 4 Million to fight kambosos, he will probably demand 10 million for bigger fights now.
                      If no one else had bid, arum would have been able to show teofimo that he isnt worth that much and should just take his offers next time.

Comment

Working...
                      X