Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lopez-Kambosos: Triller Fight Club Wins Rights To Title Fight With $6,018,000 Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

If they make money on this fight it ain't overpaying. TR & Eddie were underpaying in that case.

If these Triller guys can increase purses while making the sport more fan friendly & fun for more mfers I'm all for it. I'm super curious to see what they do with a real fight/non-novelty fight.
    IF they make money, 100% keep going Triller. But very hard to see that happening. If Jake Paul is going to become more legit, they should get Chavez Jr as an opponent.

Comment

So what is triller a fighting or music app ? Is this fight on ppv or is it for free just need to download it ?

Comment

What a rubbish fight lmao. These guys knows we want to see Lopez vs Haney or Lopez vs Tank next not Lopez vs Kambosos. The fact that these guys had the audacity to even compare these guys to the fabolous four is offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

The bar is low honestly. They need 120k buys just in the US to break even. Everything after is profit. And I believe Aussie PPV prices are high like in the US & not like UK PPV prices. So you basically need 120k buys across two continents. That seems highly doable to me.

But yea sucks for fans, but we got too many old timey mfers in boxing who keep doing the same sh^t & wonder why fans aren't hyped. If someone new can hype folks up more I'm all for it.

And it'll definitely be interesting to see how they put together this card. I was half ass paying attention to the first Triller undercard, but from most accounts it was a solid well matched undercard.
          120k breaks even? How much are they going to charge 150$?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post

Whatever happens Lopez will be Mando to the winner, and if they move up and drop the belt Lopez still is Mando to that belt.

Arum has no real power here and thats why he is so upset.

None of Arum fighters have a deal with ESPN, so theirs no EXTRA incentive for any fighter to take a paycut just to stay on ESPN, the deal is with Top rank and ESPN. Fighters will be more inclined to see what happens in purse bids.

Imagine if crawford and porter goes to purse bid and ARUM loses again, ESPN Might start putting pressure on Bob Arum.
            Man, I love the idea of Crawford-Porter going to purse bid to put more pressure on Bob but Crawford's minimum purse is too high and I doubt he risk it. Teo definitely had a plan and his guarantee is much less than Crawford's so it was worth the risk.

Also, did Porter even enforce his WBO mandatory position yet? Him and Crawford may want to reach out to Triller and try to negotiate something.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Just for those that don't understand.

Floyd is one of Triller's investors.

They're trying to be a disruptor - basically the "WWE Network" of boxing (minus the back catalog).

In their mind you should be able to just do subscriptions for fight access but also have PPV for those that want it (I actually agree with this strategy, as a business owner myself).

It means if you have crap internet, you can get boxing. If you have great internet, you can get boxing.

DAZN doesn't work if you have crap internet. It barely works if you have good internet.

PPV doesn't work if you don't subscribe to cable (generally, there are exceptions) or like the vast majority of NSB, too broke to afford the PPV price (but will gladly blow money on...well, blow, or weed, or liquor).

Seeing Arum on the low end of the bid is interesting to me. It means that he got a better slice than he would have if he did the deal himself, BUT he has to give up exclusive broadcast rights which would have made him a lot more money AND he basically is dropping draws to a competitor. By a WIDE margin.
              What's your source for Floyd being an investor in Triller? I know he has a deal with fanmio that was supposed to carry the Paul fight but but Triller. Hell, if he's invested in Triller, shouldn't be just have his fight through them?

Comment

Captureddddd.png

Our boy Lou Dibella just got PAID. This pandemic has to have been hard on DBE, congrats to him on the windfall.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

What's your source for Floyd being an investor in Triller? I know he has a deal with fanmio that was supposed to carry the Paul fight but but Triller. Hell, if he's invested in Triller, shouldn't be just have his fight through them?
                  Why do you think the Paul fight really fell through?

Because Fanmio was to be the platform originally, but now Floyd and Triller have a thing.

There were articles about him switching months ago.

I know Fanmio did a "win a video with TBE" thing last year that apparently didn't do the numbers Floyd was hoping for. I have a shirt, I'm good with that. I was not about to drop $1,000 to guarantee a talk with Floyd that would just be "well you know...._________was a helluva fighter, a true champion".

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

Man, I love the idea of Crawford-Porter going to purse bid to put more pressure on Bob but Crawford's minimum purse is too high and I doubt he risk it. Teo definitely had a plan and his guarantee is much less than Crawford's so it was worth the risk.

Also, did Porter even enforce his WBO mandatory position yet? Him and Crawford may want to reach out to Triller and try to negotiate something.
                    But Porter can force the Purse Bid too, it doesn't have to be Crawford. Porter just needs to activate his Mandatory status and then notify the sanction body that they can come to a deal so to activate the purse bid.

and no Porter hasnt done it

Comment

This is good for Lopez and Kambososbut I don't see how this is good for the fans. Could be a PPV for a non PPV worthy fight. Not really sure why so many are excited other than if you are just happy for Teofimo Lopez

Comment

Working...
                      X