Pacquiao-Cotto Tickets: Less Than 1,000 Remain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
    i wonder if mayweather's fight is doing just as well
    A friend of mine checked yesterday and reported that he could still buy at least 8 adjacent seats at any level except $150. And that's three months in. Be it because some people see it as a mismatch or b/c of the reputation that PBF fights are usually quite boring, the promoters seem to be having difficulties moving the seats. Normally I wouldn't care all that much about this but since this is all PBF talks about nowadays he opens himself to such criticism.

And I know somebody is going to claim that "Money" is making more than Cotto and Pac combined and then back that statement with "Money's" own comments. Whatever.
    Last edited by Gabilan; 08-18-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
      Everyone knows this will be action packed that's why

*waits for a **** to bring up jmm v floyd sells*
      Green K bro!

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        It is a well known fact that Floyd gets some of the best walk up crowds in the history of sport.

The tickets are not selling fast because he has not fought in 2 years, but the day of the fight, scalpers will be fetching around $10000 a ticket for nosebleed seats.

Just Kidding :-).
        Well known fact? Damn, I must not know much then. Care to cite some evidence?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleSam View Post
          yessss.. die in envy cash cow floyd mayweather jr
          Didnt take very long for a **** to show up.

Comment

To be fair it did have sell out written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleSam View Post
              yessss.. die in envy cash cow floyd mayweather jr
              You seriously are pathetic... and the funny thing is is that the only fighter you seem to like is Pacquiao, hes the only fighter you give a **** about, you aint a Boxing fan... your just a Pacquiao fan, if you was a Boxing fan you would want Floyd vs JMM to do well because it would be good for the sport of Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by lcheezy View Post
                this is a good thing. but as far as hating on mayweather because of the cotto - pac ticket sales is rediculous because pbf will whip both of them. and he will be paid more. so hate on haters. but watch your blood pressure after pbf spank marquez first then the winner of this fight.

Is this like Floyd whipping Margarito, Cotto, Shane and Williams?

[Floyd stan]you just have to give it time, Floyd is smart, he knows how to build a fight, he doesn't avoid anyone.[/circa 2006]

**** outta here cheez***.

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
                  this is no better than pbf-jmm fight. the fight is selling at a speed of 1 ticket a day
                  I like Floyd better than Manny or Cotto. But I would rather watch Cotto Pac than Floyd Jmm.

Maybe there are poeople out in this world that are boxing fans and like to watch good fights instead of just rooting for 1 boxer and hanging from their **** all the time and dissing fighters when there is clearly a reason as to why one fight would sell better than another.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                    Because Floyd "money" Mayweather turned it into an issue. As recently as 3-4 years ago noone would be discussing ticket or ppv sales other than as a stat.

Mayweather though being the self proclaimed cash cow of boxing used ticket and ppv sales as a crtuch to avoid or take specific fights.
                    thank the mindless Hiphop crowd that cares about silly **** like that over quality.

To them,

$$$ = quality.

"so, Rapper MC sold only 5,000 albums this week, his albums a flop"

"yea but how is the actual music"

"who cares, his **** flopped so I'm not digging it".

Comment

Originally posted by lcheezy View Post
                      this is a good thing. but as far as hating on mayweather because of the cotto - pac ticket sales is rediculous because pbf will whip both of them. and he will be paid more. so hate on haters. but watch your blood pressure after pbf spank marquez first then the winner of this fight.
                      Let's hope you are right and we don't end up with PBF vs. Valero after Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X