Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women vs. Men in the ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls do NOT belong in the ring with guys. I don't care how strong a broad you claim to be you'll get hurt if you get in with a man your weight.

Comment

First off, the "unranked muay thai" fighter was the New Zealand Muay Thai champion. You refer to him as "less than a tomato can" and leave out the fact that he had a belt.

No one is doubting that a world class champion male is going to have a good chance of KOing even a larger female boxer.

What I'm talking about is the average male with little to no boxing experience thinking he would stand a chance with a fighter of Wolfe's caliber. As if somehow his gender alone would negate a mammoth disadvantage in skill and talent. People who say **** like that are living with their heads up their asses. Wolfe would KO any of the people on this board with no boxing experience, just as a good pro featherweight would. The discrepency in strength, if it did exist, (and Wolfe is a good deal stronger than the average male) would never even come into play.

Comment

what i was getting at with the original post is that these promoters are playing with fire. The bad part of it is is that if something does go horribly wrong in one of these male/female bouts the promoter is maybe disturbed about it, but he will promote again. Unfortunately, tha fenale fighter may never fight again, or even breathe much longer because of the mistake.

It is a mistake to do this. One woman will come up and get all of the HYPE and then the general public will start buying into this B.S HYPE and the woman will be put in over her head. When will it end? When somebody dies.

If the N.H.L, N.B.A, M.L.B, N.F.L havent done it than why should boxing. Boxing does it because of loose and varying regulations from state to state. Because the promoter is able to go out and put on these side show attractions, in hopes of earning the big bucks. If his girl continues to win the public over, they might begin wanting to see her against stiffer competition. And let me tell you, alot of promoters might go for the buck even if its a bad decision. Alot of them wont though, there are good people out there.

Just stop this side show **** before it turns into something that does our sport irreversable harm. Its already comical in a way that they are matching a girl against a guy, but I dont think its good for our sport. Its only going to lead to tragedy......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
          What is it that makes people believe that women should compete against men in the ring throwing fists. A top fighter would annialate a female fighter at the top of here game. A mediocre male fighter could probably put her down as well fairly easy. A tomato can, well, thats something that you just kick around.

If men and women are able to compete on the same level than why have they not integrated the w.n.b.a and the n.b.a. Or maybe had all-star games between the best womens players and the best male players. Why have the women not been brought into the N.H.L (I know there was a womans goalie, but i am not certain that she played in the N.H.L). we all know why, because they wouldnt be there for long. And yes i know that a woman played with the men on the p.g.a.

So whats different about the ring, about pitting a woman against a man in fistic combat. There actually is a huge difference between boxing and almost every sport out there. In boxing the main purpose is to dispose of your opponent, with your fists, until that fighter is no longer able to continue.
          I am talking damage here, that is a big part of boxing. These women would be maimed and dropped hard by any good male fighter.

I am not a he-man woman hater here, I am just speaking the truth. If women have not become a part of mens leagues in other sports than why should it be in boxing, a sport that is more dangerous and damaging. The difference is that Basketball, Hockey, Golf and all of the other sports are games. Boxing is the furthest thing from a game that you get. It is a straight out fight and if these promoters can not see that then we will just have to wait until one of these women is severly injured by a male fighter. maybe then they will understand........Rockin'
          What if they play nude crisco twister?

Comment

Originally posted by m00ks
            Girls do NOT belong in the ring with guys. I don't care how strong a broad you claim to be you'll get hurt if you get in with a man your weight.
            What if they play nude crisco twister?

Comment

mike,

I believe that there is a web site for people who enjoy stupid ass jokes. I will try to find the address for you....Rockin'

Comment

101% true. 160lb normal guy vs world champion girl boxer, lets say Laila Ali in street fight. guy will win most of time unless the guy is a ***** coz Ali wud beat a guy in boxing but in street, guys wil kill girls and dats the bottom line. and wat are youse talkin bout, a featherweight male world champ wud kill a heavyweight female world champ so easy its not funny, idiots

Comment

Working...
                X