No announcement yet.

Brian Minto vs. Donnell Holmes Aug 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Minto vs. Donnell Holmes Aug 14

This will likely be a good fight ending in a knockout. Brian Minto has an aggressive style, and Donnell Holmes has one-punch KO power.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-26194.html

It will be streamed on this website this coming Friday:

http://www.nesportstv.com/

Donnell "The Real Touch of Sleep" Holmes is an undefeated fighter with a record of 31-0 and 27 KOs.

Whoever wins this will likely move up in the sanctioning bodies rankings and may even receive a title fight. Minto was ready to fight Wladimir Klitschko when Haye backed out, so he's definitely is aiming for an eventual world title shot.

Minto is entertaining to watch but I'm not sure if he can crack the top 20.anyone can get a decent ranking in the alphabet organizations ratings(eg.meehan #1 but like #50 in world rankings).holmes has a bloated record vs lowlevel club fighters.he's NOT the real touch of sleep,davarryl(I knocked down wlad & should have got a draw if not a win)williamson is the real touch of sleep.williamson should fight holmes for the name.minto should win the fight.

Comment

This should be a good fight altough mostly meaningless in the big scene.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        Minto is entertaining to watch but I'm not sure if he can crack the top 20.anyone can get a decent ranking in the alphabet organizations ratings(eg.meehan #1 but like #50 in world rankings).holmes has a bloated record vs lowlevel club fighters.he's NOT the real touch of sleep,davarryl(I knocked down wlad & should have got a draw if not a win)williamson is the real touch of sleep.williamson should fight holmes for the name.minto should win the fight.
        DaVarrell Williamson was knocked out by Kali Meehan, also in the first round by Joe Mesi.

Wlad was trying to regain confidence after the first Brewster fight when he fought DaVarrel. That was just a flash knockdown (some call it a slip) in that fight, Wlad was just off balance and wasn't hurt at all. Anybody who knows how to score a fight would have had Wladimir ahead at the time of stoppage! DaVarrel shouldn't have been leading with his head, that cut was from a deliberate headbutt and it was good to see Williamson's dirty strategy backfire on him.

Donnell Holmes is still undefeated. His competition hasn't been very good, but he does have a high KO percentage. I've talked with him online. He posts at another site, and tells us he's been trying to get bigger fights but has been avoided, and says he's been ducked for years by Williamson.

I'm happy to see Donnell finally has this opportunity.

Comment

This coming weekend is much better than last for boxing, with three or four fairly interesting fights, including this one.

Comment

I'd rather see this fight than washed up Vivian Harris on ESPN the same night.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore
              Yes, the ESPN card sucks.

I don't understand why they didn't have this fight on ESPN - they've had some pot-bellied heavyweights on, but Holmes and Minto are always in decent shape. Both are aggressive, entertaining fighters.

I'm going to buy the PPV stream of this fight, it's only $10.
              Thanks for the streams bro, mos def will watch it. got a time when they start streaming?

Comment

minto is fun to watch and hes fought better foe,s i go with minto.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
                  Thanks for the streams bro, mos def will watch it. got a time when they start streaming?
                  The link will give the start time. I imagine it will be about 9 pm Eastern time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    I'd rather see this fight than washed up Vivian Harris on ESPN the same night.
                    Yes, the ESPN card sucks.

I don't understand why they didn't have this fight on ESPN - they've had some pot-bellied heavyweights on, but Holmes and Minto are always in decent shape. Both are aggressive, entertaining fighters.

I'm going to buy the PPV stream of this fight, it's only $10.

Comment

Working...
                    X