Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Pacquiao Made a Weighty Mistake With Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pac is freak of nature, he will win against Cotto even he weighs only 106 lbs.

Comment

This guy makes alot of interesting good points, but also talks a bit too much of other points as in Cotto making weight easy for 147 which i saw last time in weigh-in that he looked half dead almost. Though if Pac is @ Welterweight and wants to fight in that class accept the actual regular rules and get whats coming to you.

With that said, lets see how both guys can bring their game Nov.14

May the best man win!!.

Comment

miguelita will be retired after nov.14..

Comment

Power isn't enough

Cotto is too slow for Pac. Miguel won't finish the fight. David and Goliath baby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by handler000 View Post
            What math are you using?? Corrales fought @ 130 five consecutive fights before he fought Mayweather. He was the IBF 130lb champ for almost a year and a half already. Then he went to jail got out and fought 4 tune up fights. Fought Casamayor twice @ 130 three years after he fought Mayweather. Do your homework before coming up with BOGUS information.
            I'm afraid you don't know boxing. Six months BEFORE he fought Mayweather, he had GIVEN UP the 130 lb class as being too difficult for him to make weight, He was nearly 6 ft. tall. Then when he was deeply enmeshed in his financial and legal problems, the Mayweathers made him an offer which by it's conditions made CERTAIN that Corrales hadn't any hope of winning.

On recognised form, Corrales was expected by almost all the experts to win. He was desperate for money, and was going to jail anyway. Not the best atmosphere to produce your best performance.

Corrales was interviewed BEFORE the fight and he said EXACTLY what I've already written. I HAVE THE INTERVIEW VIDEO.

Also TK Stewart, a very well known boxing writer, wrote what I said earlier. He wrote a hell of a lot more along the sa,me lines, I gave just a small sample. He was at the weigh-in, and said that Corrales didn't make the weight the first time and had to go into a sweatbox for 90 mins . He said, that although everyone fancied Corrales for this fight, he KNEW as soon as he saw his obvious condition, that he had no hope.

When Corrales came out of jail he was a middleweight, and carefully pared off the weight. He was able to fight at 130 a few times because he'd lost MUSCLE in jail. He actually went down as far as 128.5 lbs for one fight, but we know that Corrales was ruined by weight drain even as a lightweight.

Sir or Madam, you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten....Larry Merchant said that when he was passing by Corrales' dressing room just before the fight, he saw him scoffing down a huge hamburger, he was so starved.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectp View Post
              Cotto is too slow for Pac. Miguel won't finish the fight. David and Goliath baby!!!
              ****** first post... unless you think that pac is much faster than judah. i remember people talking about how mosley would be too fast for cotto, and he shocked everyone and proved them dead wrong

Comment

Originally posted by FILIPINO_FLASH View Post
                miguelita will be retired after nov.14..
                says who? the filipino fag?

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
                  says who? the filipino fag?
                  wow what a comeback??

Comment

I sure Pac and his Team is well aware of this 2 lbs difference!!!
                    They could have stick to 143 lbs if they want but they know the CRITICS!
                    Fighting at 143 lbs,,, will bring them more harm than good... Surely, the fans will just say he beat another Oscar (dehydrated)....

Now Pac-Cotto is fighting at 145 lbs... I'm not sure what will the Pac haters EXCUSE be!!!

At 145 lbs this will be a Close Fight!!!
                    Great WAR... Both will showcase their "Fire Power"

Comment

This article is a giant fail.

"I know Manny Pacquiao is way better than the aforementioned fighters but he is still not going to be able to back Cotto up and thats how you beat Miguel"

The exact same statement was issued over and over when Pacquiao fought Oscar and Hatton.

Not to say that Pacquiao will definitely beat Cotto but as they say...there's more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Pacquiao doesnt necessarily need to back Cotto up. Just needs to keep him from charging forward. Which is exactly what Pacquiao did to both Delahoya AND Hatton without ever backing up the bigger fighter in both occassions.

Pacquiao used his speed advantage to its full potential by using lateral movement to keep turning his larger opponent. As a bigger fighter if you have to turn it means your feet are not planted. When your feet are not planted you're not in the proper position to take advantage of your strength and power. Not only that...you are also not in the right position to defend properly. Pacquiao did this all night to both Oscar and Hatton.

Now Pacquiao may not have necessarily perfected this tactic yet but if he has it's not going to matter whether the fight is at 143 or 147. If Pacquiao can turn Cotto....expect annihaltion.

Comment

Working...
                      X