Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Pacquiao Made a Weighty Mistake With Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm officially tired of this. The only article that matters will be the one written on Sunday morning, November 19, 2009.

I hope Manny is on the frontpage, smiling.

Comment

who's worse, this guy or that d-bag manuel perez?

Comment

Originally posted by koboy View Post
        I'm officially tired of this. The only article that matters will be the one written on Sunday morning, November 19, 2009.

November 19th is on a Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by joe90210 View Post
          Cotto will murder pacman, I can't believe the majority believe otherwise.
          Care to make a wager? I've got up to 300k on Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by handler000 View Post
            November 19th is on a Thursday.
            My bad. I meant the Sunday after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bucktoof View Post
              who's worse, this guy or that d-bag manuel perez?
              Manuel Perez is blatantly anti-Pacquiao and shouldn't even be writing for any publication, internet or print.

He could be xcaret for all we know.

Comment

Originally posted by koboy View Post

wut the ****k? Nov 19????? U mite not know ur dates , but I give u cred for the funniest quote on that last 24/7 series, u bout as confused as the dates as u r bout the winner,

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  I like this article, one of the better ones. Everything in it is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

The most blatant, obvious, destructive example of weight-drain in my opinion was the lead=up to the Corrales-Mayweather fight, where Corrales was broke, heading for jail, and needed money to pay his legal; bills.

Therefore he agreed to meet Mayweather ay 130 lbs, a weight he had left 6 months before. He talked about those "last couple of pounds" and said it was hard. He took the fight because, as he put it, "they made me an offer I couldn't refuse...... " The Mayweathers got all the advantages to make certain of winning, and poor Corrales turned up at the weigh-in looking, as T.K. Stewart wrote "grey and drawn down ........looking as if he was near death......" He just got money, and his first loss in a fight he was fancied to win.

He was KD 5 times in 10 rounds, and not one time did he go down from a heavy punch. He sank to the canvas in stages, folding up like a deck chair. He was as weak as a new-born kitten.

Very much the way that Breny Matteo is describing the Manny-Cotto fight.
                  What math are you using?? Corrales fought @ 130 five consecutive fights before he fought Mayweather. He was the IBF 130lb champ for almost a year and a half already. Then he went to jail got out and fought 4 tune up fights. Fought Casamayor twice @ 130 three years after he fought Mayweather. Do your homework before coming up with BOGUS information.
                  Last edited by handler000; 07-29-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

while i dont agree with the article, made me think about a couple things ... i still favour pac personally, but its close ... and a cotto win wouldnt shock me all that much ...

doesnt seem the writer is giving cotto enuf credit for his boxing skills ...

Comment

It's a dumb move by Pac's team .
                      They should've made the catchweight at 143.
                      145 is bull****. It won't make a difference.
                      Cotto only have to drop 1 lb plus the belt won't be at stake..
                      Might as well do this **** at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X