Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's not muscle bound though.

Frank Bruno was, Haye isn't.

Comment

I think we all know Haye is the faster boxer, and technically superior. But with 80 or 90lbs difference, it will be difficult for Haye to KO Valuev.

The giant has never been down, and (thanks to the bad defense he had) he took some bombs in his 50+ fights. I assume the fight will be similar to the Valuev - Chagaev fight: Haye will outdance the giant, and win the rounds 1-8. If he runs out of gas after that, Haye has to avoid a knockdown, and has good chances of winning by points.

But felling the giant? I doubt it.

Comment

ill make a bet with anyone that the fight doesnt go the distance. haye would get ko'd before he ever goes the distance.

Comment

Haye being very respectful of the big-man Valuev. Haye went to town on the Klitschko's because they mugged him off no end.

Booth: 'Scouring the Earth for freakshows' apart.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
            Steve Bunce is always so partial. I have nothing against him cause I appreciate anyone as dedicated to boxing as he is, and it's very evident he truly enjoys following the sport. Just as much as any NSB poster but.. What kind of host tries to develop strategy for a fighter and actually give it to the fighter. Brainstorming to help him figure out how to win. Then cheersing him in anticipation of his ability to get under Klit skin with the help of a strap.. I don't want to say it's unprofessional but it's definitely lacking in the objective department.

Thats normal, The man is british and he's interviewing a british fighter so dont expect anything else, The same goes for all other countries...Margarito is get favoured by the mexico media who interviews him.. And you should hear what other russian/eastern european boxing journalist had to say about haye.

Its nothing new.............

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
              i really havent seen much of hayes career but his last 3-4 fights ... but i've heard he has stamina issues ... most muscle bound fighters or fighters who throw all bombs do ...
              hayes a fighter who looks for the KO, id like to see him use his jab a bit more but thats just not his style, he loves his power punches and because of that he is prone to getting gassed and KO'd.

haye is in very good condition, he keeps his weight down and has very good fitness levels but his style of fighting means he loads up on every shot and that takes it out of you. now a fighter with that type of style will struggle when he comes across someone who can take those shots and then come on strong when you're tired later on in the fight (i.e. someone like thompson).

but part of hayes problem was making weight for CW and at HW he should be much fresher and have more later on in the fight. one interesting quote from him is that in the mormeck fight he said he wanted to up the workrate after rnd 6, so maybe these issues over his stamina are just hot air.

anyways question about his chin and stamina will be answered soon enough.

Comment

haye had stamina problems early in his career (carl thompson), after that fight he is always in very good shape for his fights, his fights just dont last that long because he is so good! ;-p

Haye by KO!

Comment

Originally posted by The HayeMaker View Post
                  ill make a bet with anyone that the fight doesnt go the distance. haye would get ko'd before he ever goes the distance.
                  yea thats y he already went 12

Comment

I seriously can't see what people have against Bunce.

Give me examples of why you don't like him..

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                      I seriously can't see what people have against Bunce.

Give me examples of why you don't like him..

hes ****in great

Comment

Working...
                      X