Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins calls HBO commentators the Good Ol' Boy Network

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moron hopkins runnin his mouth again.....

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      That so called racist became extremely close friends with a young white kid dying from cancer.
      beernard, mr "f.uck the american cancer association" is such a role model

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        What makes you think he is a bigot? The white boy comment? That so called racist became extremely close friends with a young white kid dying from cancer. That so called bigot may care more for people than you and me combined. He puts on a tough guy persona when on a mic. In reality though he is just a guy, who had a hard life growing up and is probably a little bitter because of it.

So many in here really need to learn what racism really is. Nearly everyone in here are playing the same role that Max, Manny and Lampley does. They try to cover up their thoughts in a discreet manner, without actually saying what they think.

There is a difference between Racism and Preference. Racism is something someone cannot mistake or have to try to interpret. It is in your face and real. Ignorance is bliss i guess.
        That one comment spoke volumes. 'I will never let a white boy beat me.' Even though he ammended it to 'white person' the vehemence suggested that he felt superiority, not just to Calzaghe, but to all of that background. Then there is his 'good ole boy' comment. Befriending a sick boy could be honest goodwill on his part, and it could also be a disingenuous PR stunt.

He had a hard life, to be sure, but that does not mean I have to like or respect the man. I give a nod to his clean living since prison, but I don't believe sinners should be canonized saints simply for not sinning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
          people in glass houses.........

bhop is just jealous they stopped dickriding him and his overrated career.

he shouldn't even talk after all the times HBO overpaid for his crap fights.
          PWNed........................................

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
            That one comment spoke volumes. 'I will never let a white boy beat me.' Even though he ammended it to 'white person' the vehemence suggested that he felt superiority, not just to Calzaghe, but to all of that background. Then there is his 'good ole boy' comment. Befriending a sick boy could be honest goodwill on his part, and it could also be a disingenuous PR stunt.

He had a hard life, to be sure, but that does not mean I have to like or respect the man. I give a nod to his clean living since prison, but I don't believe sinners should be canonized saints simply for not sinning.
            I never said you had to like or dislike him. Bernard can come across as an *******. All I am saying is people should be very careful with racist accusations. Bernard is a complex individual, but a one off statement he made that was most likely an attempt to sell a fight does not make a racist. Bernard was playing the bad guy role. he is not dumb and knows how to infuriate an opponent and their fans to sell a fight. Was it a smart thing to say? No it wasn't. It is what it is though.

People need to be less paranoid and just be thankful there are those out there who dare to be controversial and speak their mind whether they are liked for it or not. That is why i like Larry Merchant also. No bull**** from him, just him speaking his mind.
            Last edited by deanrw; 07-13-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
              hopkins is an idiot ex-convict with no education so what does he know.
              his small minded, ignorant ass should stick to boxing because every time he opens his mouth he does himself a disfavor.
              Hes an idiot exconvict with no eduction yet millions of people with so called education are broke with no job

I dont know many idiots with millions of dollars, multiple homes, provides everything for his beloved family. Seriously who cares if on is an ex con like thats supposed to mean youre a bad person.

eat a dick man

bhop is just a capricorn...raw and uncut ..honest..rough around the edges

Comment

bernards the best,
                and i see some people hatein lol,
                like we all dont know HBO is biased,

Bhop is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
                  bernards the best,
                  and i see some people hatein lol,
                  like we all dont know HBO is biased,

Bhop is the truth
                  Everyone on this earth is biased. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
                    He can't suppress the inner racist in him no matter how hard he tries.
                    Have you been arrested or in prison?

its not racism...its reciprocity.. Police officers call you ****** and spook to your face ...prison guards will throw you in a block with aryan brotherhood just to mess with you.

How can you love white people after experiences like that

that said....you should stfu

Comment

Hopkins has always exposed alot of ****. I applaud him for not being a yes man irregardless to the consequences Hopkins was never one to be an *** kisser. Thats why he had so many shortcomings in regards to that celebrated "notoriety". He commands respect and he gets it by his own means.

Comment

Working...
                      X