Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is The Right Choice For Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, Dimitrenko is most definitely off this list. Chambers made a really good case for himself today. And if he keeps busy like Goosen said, that would be ideal. I would like to see him in against Cristobal Arreola, but thats not enough of a money maker for either man to jeopardize big money shots for both of them against the Klitschko brothers. But Goosen can make it happen, he has both fighters. I wouldn't mind seeing Chambers in agaisnt Kevin Johnson. Thats no gimme, but Chambers has the experience that Johnson dsperately wants. I will say this, Povetkin most assuredly deserved the win against Chambers 18 months ago. But tell me, who has done more with that fight, Povetkin or Chambers? Sykes and Estrada, or Butler, Peter, and Dimitrenko? I give the nod to Eddie in this one. Povetkin has had a fight with Wlad fall out due to a training injury, but I do believe that Eddie learned a lot in that fight, seemingly more in the loss than Povetkin in victory. I'm proud of both men, that fight 18 months ago was good for them and the division, and hopefully they'll meet for the title soon.

Comment

Vitali.

or move down and fight a Cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
        Sir.. I have been watching boxing for a long time.. primarily the Heavyweights.. here is the ONLY exception I can ascertain in terms of talent comparing today to some yesterdays... The top guys... Today we have 2 guys who are dominant.. in the 90's it could be argued there was maybe 5.. In the 80's there was 2.. in the 70's there were 4...

after these top guys... the heavyweights haven't changed .. the talent pool has always been somewhat shallow

1976 Heavyweight rankings

Champ- Muhammad Ali
        1. George Foreman
        2. Ken Norton
        3. Jimmy Young
        4. Duane Bobick
        5. Ron Lyle
        6. Larry Holmes
        7. Howard Smith
        8. Johnny Boudreaux
        9. Stan Ward
        10.Joe Bugner

You have your champ
        a few top contenders
        an up an comer
        and a bunch of stiffs

please explain how today is any different??

Well for one It's Euros now..and THAT is it...

I dont see how the boxers of yesterday are better than the boxers of today

every other form of athletics has improved with time not declined.. people are more fit for longer.. in the 80's at age 30.. in the NHL.. you were done.. today players play well into their late 30's at a high level..

Why would boxing be the exception?? men have gotten bigger stronger faster better trained better nutrition .. yet it seems in boxing today the men are Clubbers with ZERO skill..

Again.. that would just seem to be the American scene.. The Euros are in great shape
        What contenders today are better or as good as Foreman, Norton, or Larry Holmes? Or Ali? Or even Bugner? Your passion for white heavyweights mislead you here.

Comment

1. Best: Valuev, but King will not let him near Wladimir.

2. Haye, because so many want to see it, but he's fighting Vitali.

3. Chambers, Wlad has to fight him anyway, HBO will televise

4. Povetkin, but Atlas wants him to have a warm-up first.

5. Arreola, but it would be better if he beat a top ten contender, Chambers already has beaten two.

So Eddie Chambers is the best AVAILABLE choice.

Comment

unless its vitali it wont be entertaining at all,so gota be him-for the sake of the division

Comment

I'd like to see him tangle with Jennifer Lopez.

That'd be some good **** right there.

Marc Anthony could direct.

Comment

Povetkin, Chambers, Valuev, Arreola and Haye. Those are the guys Wlad should be fighting, in specific order.

Comment

we know how wlad handles euroslugs and second tiers like iggie and thompson.
                  feel that the way to go against wlad is match him up to opponents that box like haye and chambers.

i know wlad beat byrd but chris hasnt had his head screwed on strait for years.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
                    1. Best: Valuev, but King will not let him near Wladimir.

2. Haye, because so many want to see it, but he's fighting Vitali.

3. Chambers, Wlad has to fight him anyway, HBO will televise

4. Povetkin, but Atlas wants him to have a warm-up first.

5. Arreola, but it would be better if he beat a top ten contender, Chambers already has beaten two.

So Eddie Chambers is the best AVAILABLE choice.
                    Is this official?

Comment

Working...
                    X