Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't It About Time The Ring Included Wladimir In Their P4P Top 10?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't It About Time The Ring Included Wladimir In Their P4P Top 10?

To me there really isn't any question about this. He is undoubtedly one of the best 10 boxers in the world and has been dominant over 2 fellow belt holders and a top contender within the past 18 months.

I've seen it argued that Wlad shouldn't be on it because he's a heavyweight, or because of the size advantage he has over his opponents. This is inconsistent with the fact that Lennox was included on the list in the past.

Wlad has the best jab in boxing, his technical skills are clear for all to see and in recent years his opposition has been better than that of Cabellero, Calderon and perhaps one or two others on the list.

Is it not time that his abilities and accomplishments were given more credit?
    Yes, he has shown that he is one of the 10 best in the world
    51.67%
    He is one of the best, but I still say no because of weight division/size/other
    11.67%
    No, he is not one of the 10 best boxers in the world
    36.67%

I'd say.. No. You can think about it this way. THe number 10 guy right now is Celestino Caballero. Now, if they were the same size, with the power and speed balancing out, I think you might have to pick the awkwardly shaped Panamian to beat the weaker chinned Ukranian. Caballero has a solid beard and can crack like hell. Not to mention that Klitschko and he would have comparable reach and height.

So, no.

Comment

i know, as much as i dont like the fighting style, it works

Comment

Nonito is good and I like watchin him, but I don't think he belongs in there. I guess the rest are ok. But I think Wlad could be in there. He gets criticized cuz of his division's status and cautious style. But he's at least as dominant at HW than the other guys are at their divisions. Dude could have a spot 8-10 sumwhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
          I'd say.. No. You can think about it this way. THe number 10 guy right now is Celestino Caballero. Now, if they were the same size, with the power and speed balancing out, I think you might have to pick the awkwardly shaped Panamian to beat the weaker chinned Ukranian. Caballero has a solid beard and can crack like hell. Not to mention that Klitschko and he would have comparable reach and height.

So, no.
          I'd pick Wlad to beat him, and I'd pick Wlad to beat Darch as well.

But resume-wise, I don't put a split decision over a nobody and a win over Molitor above what Wlad has done recently, and Wlad's best wins are clearly superior to Caballero's.

Comment

Wlad has been in me personal top 10 consistently for at least 3 or 4 years.

Comment

Not sure. But even if you disagree with him being there, you can make a strong case for Caballero still beating him, whether he's top 10 or not.

Comment

You can't just magnify the size of these smaller guys and assume they'd have the same skills at the larger/longer limbed size.

Comment

I would never understand why he's been excluded. Despite that the division sucks he's been dominant for years, besides I don't know why Caballero and Donaire are there, they don't belong to the top 10.

Comment

No because then it would take away the whole meaning of the pound 4 pound title.

The p4p ranking was made acknowledge fighters from lower division. All the past heavyweight fighters who was in the p4p list actually fought in the lower division and moved up in weight.
                    Last edited by victorythagr8; 06-22-2009, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X