Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't It About Time The Ring Included Wladimir In Their P4P Top 10?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
    I would never understand why he's been excluded. Despite that the division sucks he's been dominant for years, besides I don't know why Caballero and Donaire are there, they don't belong to the top 10.
    after reading this you should understand

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/features/h...for_pound.html

Comment

Originally posted by iDarren View Post
      You can't just magnify the size of these smaller guys and assume they'd have the same skills at the larger/longer limbed size.
      By the same token, you can't shrink the bigger fighters and assume they'd have the same reach and power.

Comment

Let's also remember, even if you think that someone shouldn't be on the current top 10 list, you'd have to mean that only 9 other guys, at the maximum are better than Klitschko. I think most would agree that there are ATLEAST 10 boxers better than Klitschko.

Comment

Even though I hate the concept of p4p, I've always been of the opinion that to be eligible for a good ranking you have to cover many weight divisions. Floyd, Pac, Roy, JMM, Barrera, DLH and all that stuff.

Wlad's only ever been a HW, so why on earth would he be p4p anything? Same for the delusional Hatton, who only covered 2 divisions in his entire career. Hell, even Calzaghe did time in 2 divisions - p4p my ass.

Comment

Not that it's his fault but a top 10 fighter needs fight at least one top 10 pfp boxer before he can be considered a top 10 PFP fighter himself.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              Not that it's his fault but a top 10 fighter needs fight at least one top 10 pfp boxer before he can be considered a top 10 PFP fighter himself.
              To an extent, I agree with that.

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              Even though I hate the concept of p4p, I've always been of the opinion that to be eligible for a good ranking you have to cover many weight divisions. Floyd, Pac, Roy, JMM, Barrera, DLH and all that stuff.

Wlad's only ever been a HW, so why on earth would he be p4p anything? Same for the delusional Hatton, who only covered 2 divisions in his entire career. Hell, even Calzaghe did time in 2 divisions - p4p my ass.
              Well, realistically, all p4p means is if all fighters were the same size, who'd be the best. Regardless of how many weight divisions you've covered.

Comment

Of course, but they would no doubt adjust and develop many of the qualities the smaller fighteres usually have.

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
                By the same token, you can't shrink the bigger fighters and assume they'd have the same reach and power.

Comment

Wlad should be in the top 10 imo.

He certainly belongs in it more than Donaire and Callabero.

Comment

p4p does strike me as a bit of a bull**** concept. It just doesn't work like that.

Comment

I've never taken a pound for pound list too seriously, as everyone's opinions differ. The top 3-5 spots maybe similar, but 5-10 will bring endless names to discussion.

Wlad in my opinion, is the best HW in the world, but is he in the top 10 boxers of the world right now? I'm not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X