Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The handspeed of Clottey will surprise a lot of you.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The handspeed of Clottey will surprise a lot of you.

For you guys who think Cotto is much faster, you will see something different tonight.

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    For you guys who think Cotto is much faster, you will see something different tonight.

Not me.

Cotto is slow, but has very good timing.

Can he time a man with a shield who shoots and retreats his punches at high speed? I don't think so.

Comment

I agree he does explode out of his shell from time to time with good fast combos but i still think cotto is a little faster and a better boxer. I expect a close fight and still not sure of the winner

Comment

Clottey has handspeed for sure, he throws very sharp crisp punches. My whole issue with his style is how he transitions from defense to offense and the other way, he can not do both at the same time so if he gets forced on the defensive he has trouble really getting off.

To me he has a good all around game, but to me it just does not flow together well at all (can't really put it any other way).

Comment

Man has good to very good hand speed, footwork can be quick and athletic too

Comment

Cotto is quicker and is better at timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
              Cotto is quicker and is better at timing.
              Cotto has good timing, but I think Clottey's hands are faster.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                Cotto has good timing, but I think Clottey's hands are faster.
                Id agree with that. But theres not much in it

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Id agree with that. But theres not much in it
                  True, and may the best man win.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Clottey has handspeed for sure, he throws very sharp crisp punches. My whole issue with his style is how he transitions from defense to offense and the other way, he can not do both at the same time so if he gets forced on the defensive he has trouble really getting off.

To me he has a good all around game, but to me it just does not flow together well at all (can't really put it any other way).

I saw Clottey do a very James Toney'ish counter right hand against Margarito which really stunned him. He doesn't take many chances, but I think he has some tricks up his sleeve, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                    X