Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Ring" brought up an interesting point regarding Valero...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RTS View Post
    In their new issue.

Acelino Freitas went 29-0 (29 KOs) when he started his career.

Once he stepped it up to the world class level his power was not as effective.

Will this happen with Valero? Valero's only somewhat world class opponent was Mosquera who Valero didn't even really KO he was just hitting him a lot and dominating him so the ref stopped it. In fact, a lot of Valero's KOs have been like that.

Just thought it was an interesting point.

I've been saying this since Valero first started getting hyped. He's not as skillfully sound as Freitas was either, in my opinion.

Comment

Still undecided about Valero.

Would like to see him fight a few world class opponents first.

Comment

Most punchers don't handily destroy their comp at the top level.

Comment

I miss watching Freitas lol. I remember him fighting in a tournament early in his career and he just tore through everybody and KOd all of them. Then he fought Edwin Vazquez in the finals I believe and he KOd him. Freitas seemed like such a monster!

BUT at the elite level his power wasn't as good. He also possessed good boxing skills though so he wasable to get by.

But his KO streak/record is similar to Valero's and it's interesting to think about.

Comment

valero is a good boxer. he has world class power, but...nothing more. he is a good title holder, but against a top guy he has 0 chance of winning. the guy just has an overrated record and talks ****.

Comment

Working...
            X