Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Ring" brought up an interesting point regarding Valero...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Ring" brought up an interesting point regarding Valero...

In their new issue.

Acelino Freitas went 29-0 (29 KOs) when he started his career.

Once he stepped it up to the world class level his power was not as effective.

Will this happen with Valero? Valero's only somewhat world class opponent was Mosquera who Valero didn't even really KO he was just hitting him a lot and dominating him so the ref stopped it. In fact, a lot of Valero's KOs have been like that.

Just thought it was an interesting point.

Bring on Valero vs Guzman!

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
      In their new issue.

Acelino Freitas went 29-0 (29 KOs) when he started his career.

Once he stepped it up to the world class level his power was not as effective.

Will this happen with Valero? Valero's only somewhat world class opponent was Mosquera who Valero didn't even really KO he was just hitting him a lot and dominating him so the ref stopped it. In fact, a lot of Valero's KOs have been like that.

Just thought it was an interesting point.
      that's definitely a good point made by the Ring.

valero has yet to even fight someone that is a gatekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        that's definitely a good point made by the Ring.

valero has yet to even fight someone that is a gatekeeper.
        He sure as hell in the running for the pacq sweepstakes though! Why is that? Hmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by jantzen212003 View Post
          He sure as hell in the running for the pacq sweepstakes though! Why is that? Hmmmmmm!
          bob arum???????????

Comment

I think Valero is a strong fighter with a big punch, but I'm in the majority when I say he needs to correct that flaw of leaving his chin in the air. He also needs to fight quality opponents. If not Prescott, how about Humberto Soto?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
              I think Valero is a strong fighter with a big punch, but I'm in the majority when I say he needs to correct that flaw of leaving his chin in the air. He also needs to fight quality opponents. If not Prescott, how about Humberto Soto?
              Humberto Soto wants him real bad cuz Valero ko him during a sparring session so that will be a very good step up for Valero or Guzman!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yeykax View Post
                Humberto Soto wants him real bad cuz Valero ko him during a sparring session so that will be a very good step up for Valero or Guzman!!!!!
                Where did you hear this at? The guy I thought people say Valero KOd in sparring was Urbano Antillon. I need some kind of source about Soto getting knocked out by Valero in sparring or else I can't believe it happened.

Comment

those ring magazine rankings most be crap then, since valero has KO'ed 2 top 5 fighters......i guess thats not world class level....

Comment

Valero is unproven in the top levels...................but his power is definitely real...........the question is will it be enough to compete with the topcats................

Comment

Working...
                    X