No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley: "I Will Fight Pacquiao Below 147-Pounds"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrv1932 View Post
    And Mosley is WW Champ so Cotto/Pac would not be for WW Title.
    mosle is wba champ, cotto is wbo chanmp.
    cotto-pac is for ww title, wbo.

Comment

• hopefully he doesnt go to much below 147, cause then he will be weight drained.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetgeomcx View Post
        mosle is wba champ, cotto is wbo chanmp.
        cotto-pac is for ww title, wbo.
        Mosley's WBA title he won from destroying Margarito > Cotto's vacant WBO title he won from a bum. Paul Williams was black balled out of the division because Arum knew Cotto couldn't beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
          Mosley is sounding very desperate, I don't see why he doesn't fight Williams or even Berto at 147. I hate when fighters close the door except on maybe 1 or 2 fighters, that's why I always liked DLH, sure he might be a drag queen but he fought everybody.
          Mosley fought Cotto,Margarito,Winky Wright(twice) and Vernon Forrest(twice). Delahoya Avoided all of those fighters.. Delahoya did NOT fight everybody.

Comment

• As much as I like Paul Williams, he needs to stay north of 147. I know the dude personally and it isnt going to be beneficial to his career if he campaigns at 147. Not saying he cant beat anybody at 147, but he pitched a verbal shutout of Winky at 160. I'd chase down all the title holders at 160.

Comment

• Go for it Shane, so you can join the rest of the GBP bums, hehe. PAC has moved on from destroying Me*icans and is now in the business of destroying an entire company, hehe.

Arum must really hate GBP, he wants them wiped out, and he calleld on the PACiNATOR from the future to do the job.

Comment

• Shane Mosley:"I will fight Pacquiao below 147 and get my ass handed to me"
                fixed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetgeomcx View Post
                  the welterweight division is not solely in 147....
                  be informed that WW is 141-147 lbs!!
                  And here's a bit of "strange-but-true", or, "believe-it-or-not" about weight divisions and alphabet championships:

In early November 1988, Sugar Ray Leonard TKO'd Donnie Lalonde and won TWO world titles in TWO weight divisions: the WBC LightHeavyweight title which Lalonde was defending and the vacant WBC SuperMiddleweight title. TWO world championships won in TWO weight divisions, all in ONE FIGHT.

Edit:If that does not seem strange enough, here's something else: Leonard had been fighting for years at weights at or in excess of 172 lbs. Why he and Lalonde had to go down to 167 (Lalonde) and 165 (Leonard) and why the WBC sanctioned the fight for two world championships for two weight classes can only be understood if one considers Leonard's clout at the time.
                  Last edited by grayfist; 05-31-2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• if manny never fought above 140 i wouldnt expect him to have to face Mosley at 147 but he has already dipped into the ww limit. dont be so scary Freddie, ATG's need a challenge.

Comment

• hmm interesting fight if it would happen, i would like to see this fight happen, would be more exciting then a gayweatehr fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X