Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley: "I Will Fight Pacquiao Below 147-Pounds"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Mosley is making a calculated risk here, if he fought and lost to pacquiao at a catchweight, everybody will just say it's because of the weight reduction. and then he can get back up to WW and fight cotto, berto, williams or even FMJ. Atleast he got to pacman first before them, but if FMJ or Cotto got to fight Pacman first and then wins over pacman, mosley will miss a big cash flow from a pacman fight.

I think mosley has the advantage of time among all the WW's who wanted to fight pacman, since pacman wanted to fight somewhere in Oct. this year. and cotto and FMJ just finished their respective assignments. Atleast shane has more options compared with the others.

Comment

• It's not also fair for us to call on Pacquiao cherrypicking among the big ww's, as i do recall, it was only margarito that pacman has called upon personally, to have a fight with him even before margarito's match up with mosley.

Cotto & Mosley's name were only mentioned by Arum right after the DLH & Hatton fights, and i think it's just a ploy to lure FMJ out of retirement.

Comment

• too lazy to go through the whole thread, but is mosley willing to fight at 142 lbs???

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          too lazy to go through the whole thread, but is mosley willing to fight at 142 lbs???
          lol I dont think he would go that low. lol Man I dont even think he could do it and I know he wont pay thousands of dollars per pound that he is over either..... All I know is that he said he would fight him below 147.

So to me thats 146.5

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
            lol I dont think he would go that low. lol Man I dont even think he could do it and I know he wont pay thousands of dollars per pound that he is over either..... All I know is that he said he would fight him below 147.

So to me thats 146.5
            i think mosley will be willing to match cotto's offer of 144 lbs and GBP might put in a clause that says the pbf fight will be delivered should pac win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              i think mosley will be willing to match cotto's offer of 144 lbs and GBP might put in a clause that says the pbf fight will be delivered should pac win.
              hmmm 144? I dont know if that is wise for Mosley or Cotto. I do know if Mayweather said he wanted Manny at 144 (like JMM) people would talk shyt (because its Mayweather) Cotto and Mosley are fine to do so, not Mayweather with out it being a MAJOR issue..

Comment

• If Shane Mosley wants this fight then I can't blame him. It is a good payday. If he meets Manny Pacquiao at a catchweight of 142 he is gonna be the one defying the odds and not Pacquiao. He'll be older, maybe even ring rusty, and obviously at an uncomfortable weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                  If Shane Mosley wants this fight then I can't blame him. It is a good payday. If he meets Manny Pacquiao at a catchweight of 142 he is gonna be the one defying the odds and not Pacquiao. He'll be older, maybe even ring rusty, and obviously at an uncomfortable weight.
                  at 142 lbs mosley has nothing to lose and everything to gain. at the end of teh day, he has a built in excuse: people will say he's weight drained.

The only thing is, if he loses then floyd will not fight him. so mosley imho is better off just ending berto and fighting cotto in vegas.

Comment

Working...
                  X