Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Contradicts Himself Badly (How can you defend him still?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    Floyd contradicting himself has nothing to do with people wanting him to lose.

Hundreds of thousands of people wanted to see Muhammad Ali/Cassius Clay lose because of his loud mouth. But Ali told you in detail what round he was gonna knock someone out and he went out and did it. No contradictions. You can try and discredit Ali all you want but it's going to be very difficult because he proved himself with the best without any hesitation.

It is very easy to discredit floyd because not only is his resume questionable, he promises wars and knockouts but potshots his way to decision victories against opposition that had no business ever being in the same ring as him in the 1st place.
    yea

When people hate you, they look at evrything you do under a microscope. People can go back years and years to point out floyds contradictions but when people whom they like contradict themselves then its is swept under the rugs or its just a change of mind.(I.E. Roaches recent comments about PBF) This same hatred for him is what makes people want to see him.They are always looking for him to lose and someone to beat him. Everytime foyd get ready to lace em up with someone his oppoent is hailed as his toughest opponent of yet. Then when he beats him the excuses flow in. Pbf could beat Cotto, Mosley, and Pac and some how people will still find a way to discredit him. I dont know of a fighter or anyone who has there words constally recorded and displayed that dont contradict themselves. Yeah he may promise to go out and destroy someone but his opponent promises to do the same and when he loses no one accuses them of conradicting themselves. Its like a double standrard for floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalion View Post
      yea

When people hate you, they look at evrything you do under a microscope. People can go back years and years to point out floyds contradictions but when people whom they like contradict themselves then its is swept under the rugs or its just a change of mind.(I.E. Roaches recent comments about PBF) This same hatred for him is what makes people want to see him.They are always looking for him to lose and someone to beat him. Everytime foyd get ready to lace em up with someone his oppoent is hailed as his toughest opponent of yet. Then when he beats him the excuses flow in. Pbf could beat Cotto, Mosley, and Pac and some how people will still find a way to discredit him. I dont know of a fighter or anyone who has there words constally recorded and displayed that dont contradict themselves. Yeah he may promise to go out and destroy someone but his opponent promises to do the same and when he loses no one accuses them of conradicting themselves. Its like a double standrard for floyd.
      That's the entire problem with Floyd. His whole career is based off "coulda, woulda, shoulda"

People hate mayweather because he refers to himself as the greatest fighter of all time.

People hated Ali too because he claimed to be the greatest on a constant basis. Difference is Ali's greatness is indisputable no matter how much you hate him because Ali stepped up to face the best opposition available without any hesitation and proved himself over and over again.

Floyd has not faced the best available opposition in any division he has been in since 130. Which is about a decade ago.

Comment

That's the entire problem with Floyd. His whole career is based off "coulda, woulda, shoulda"

People hate mayweather because he refers to himself as the greatest fighter of all time.

People hated Ali too because he claimed to be the greatest on a constant basis. Difference is Ali's greatness is indisputable no matter how much you hate him because Ali stepped up to face the best opposition available without any hesitation and proved himself over and over again.

Floyd has not faced the best available opposition in any division he has been in since 130. Which is about a decade ago.
        I was hypothectically speaking when i said "could" i wasnt timplying i agre with him thathe could.

But your missing the point. Floyds competition for the last 10 years has been tough. Not as good as it could be but it has been great.The only problem is he is never givn credit for anything he has done because people dont like him.
        Hes constally given a double standard. It means nothing when floyd knocks out hatton, all it means is he shouldve fought cotto or amrgarito acording to you guys at that time. But then Pac KOs hatton and its the best thing since sliced bread. Yeah he talks alot, well since hes started being an *******, his respect from other has went down but his money has went up. There has to be a bad guy and he takes on that role. I bet if you any of us ever met him in person hes proably a completely different guy. We only see him hyping fights and showing off for publicity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalion View Post
          I was hypothectically speaking when i said "could" i wasnt timplying i agre with him thathe could.

But your missing the point. Floyds competition for the last 10 years has been tough. Not as good as it could be but it has been great.The only problem is he is never givn credit for anything he has done because people dont like him.
          Hes constally given a double standard. It means nothing when floyd knocks out hatton, all it means is he shouldve fought cotto or amrgarito acording to you guys at that time. But then Pac KOs hatton and its the best thing since sliced bread. Yeah he talks alot, well since hes started being an *******, his respect from other has went down but his money has went up. There has to be a bad guy and he takes on that role. I bet if you any of us ever met him in person hes proably a completely different guy. We only see him hyping fights and showing off for publicity.
          Mayweather was the WBC welterweight champion. Mayweather fought Hatton at welterweight. A division in which Hatton was not even ranked in the top 5 by ring magazine.

Pacquiao fought Hatton at 140. A division in which he had been the undisputed king for the past 4 years and right after Hatton had destroyed the clear consensus #2 in the division to solidify his place at the top of the division.

That's not a double standard. That's a fact. As fact as Mayweather's ppv numbers with dlh and hatton grossing a higher number than pacquiao with the same opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            Pac doesnt have anything to do, but you are asking about Cotto fighting Pacquiao? LMAO jajajajaja

YOu really make a lot of sense, but nonsense!!!!!!!

Cotto fighting Pacquiao is not agood fight at all. Cotto should fight Mosley or FLoyd, but if he is fighting Pacquiao it should be at 147.

Pacquiao already fought at 147 and fought a guy that weights same as Cotto fight night, So its not as ***** move as Mayweather fighting JMM at 144!!!!!!!!
            Jesus, man this is what im talking about. You arent even trying to answer the question.

Yes the question is about Pac and Cotto fighting, but Im not asking your opinion of Pac(or Roach which you pulled out of nowhere before). Im asking for your opinion on COTTO.

If Cotto signs to fight Pac at 144, will you call Cotto a *****?

We can play should, could situations forever, but that is not the question.

Comment

Mayweather was the WBC welterweight champion. Mayweather fought Hatton at welterweight. A division in which Hatton was not even ranked in the top 5 by ring magazine.

Pacquiao fought Hatton at 140. A division in which he had been the undisputed king for the past 4 years and right after Hatton had destroyed the clear consensus #2 in the division to solidify his place at the top of the division.

That's not a double standard. That's a fact. As fact as Mayweather's ppv numbers with dlh and hatton grossing a higher number than pacquiao with the same opponents.
              Dont pull weights because your talking out your arse , everywhere you right the class weight dont and right what they really weigh on fight night and you will contradict your self left right and centre , you make a point of Hatton being the best at JW and unbeaten at that weight and still champ at that weight bla bla bla and then use that to down Floyd for beating Hatton at WW class , when Hatton weighed the ***en same in both fights , how much double standard you want to apply to Floyd , everyday the same bull**** , and none of you will debate me on weights , LOL says it all , look at my posts none of you will debate me because you will lose so you just keep ignoring and coming with the bull**** about weight , you guys are the best runners in boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                Mayweather Contradicts Himself Badly (How can you defend him still?
                I think that PBF`s nose would be growing longer by the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                  Dont pull weights because your talking out your arse , everywhere you right the class weight dont and right what they really weigh on fight night and you will contradict your self left right and centre , you make a point of Hatton being the best at JW and unbeaten at that weight and still champ at that weight bla bla bla and then use that to down Floyd for beating Hatton at WW class , when Hatton weighed the ***en same in both fights , how much double standard you want to apply to Floyd , everyday the same bull**** , and none of you will debate me on weights , LOL says it all , look at my posts none of you will debate me because you will lose so you just keep ignoring and coming with the bull**** about weight , you guys are the best runners in boxing
                  Blah blah blah....I didnt say Hatton was the best at 140. It was ring magazine. The same ring magazine that saw Hatton win a WW world title belt and still didnt have him in the top 5 at WW.

Comment

Blah blah blah....I didnt say Hatton was the best at 140. It was ring magazine. The same ring magazine that saw Hatton win a WW world title belt and still didnt have him in the top 5 at WW.

I dont remember if he was or wasnt, but even if he was, he vacated instead of defending, he was to defend against oktay urkal and said no, i remember this because before he vacated he turned down a fight from floyd mayweather jr for the 2nd time. the first time was when they said no at 140. the only fault of anyones that him and floyd fought at 140 was hattons, they should have taken that fight when they had the chance.

Comment

again, thats on hatton, he had every chance in the world to fight mayweather jr at 140 and they kept saying no, by the time they were ready, mayweather held all the cards. Youd have to be blind to deny the fact that Hattons team cosntantly pulled the "not ready" card even AFTER becoming undisputed at 140, the difference between pac and mayweather was hatton was more than happy to fight pac when the oppurtunity arose.

Comment

Working...
                      X