No announcement yet.

Mayweather’s Hit List Includes Pacquiao, Mosley, Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    I said in 2009, that he'd easily beat Pacquiao almost exactly the way he did in 2015. I don't think I've ever said he's scared of anyone. His career has been carefully and perfectly managed so you can only give him credit for that.

Maybe that tells you that this "hit list" isn't that impressive and people fawning over it the way they are because expectations are so low these days. Is it because the era isn't that great or is it because he timed every fight to perfection? I mean....who forced him to retire in 07?
    Or maybe Floyd is just that great?

Simplest solution is most likely the correct one, if someone is on top for almost 2 decades the easiest answer is that person is the truth. Not finding every excuse and conspriacy in the book~

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      But the mass of people in this thread saying he would never fight any of them knew Cotto had his brains bashed in by Margarito and he was already signed to fight Pacquaio.

The Mosley fight literally happened as soon as it possibly could after this article was written.

I don't understand why points keep getting brought up before this article was written. That's the whole point it's getting bumped because when he made the "hitlist" no one believed he would fight any of them let alone all of them.

As for Pacquaio being shot. That's just ridiculous, IMO.
      Why? They are guys in his division. No one believed he would fight any of them? How could he not fight ANY of them and still maintain any kind of credibility or earn any kind of money?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Or maybe Floyd is just that great?

Simplest solution is most likely the correct one, if someone is on top for almost 2 decades the easiest answer is that person is the truth. Not finding every excuse and conspriacy in the book~
        I'm not denying that Floyd Mayweather is an all time great fighter. I've believed this for many years but these victories aren't as astonishing as some are trying to make out.

The fact that people have to keep bumping a 6 year old thread to try and remind everyone how great it is that he's fought a few guys in his division is just a bit tragic to me. Especially given the timing of the victories.

I made a jokey thread about how DeGale would be the best SMW of all time about a year ago. Now I'm gonna be bumping that **** like a mother****er if he takes out Dirrell, Froch, Ward etc cos that would actually be something to boast about.

Comment

I'm not denying that Floyd Mayweather is an all time great fighter. I've believed this for many years but these victories aren't as astonishing as some are trying to make out.

The fact that people have to keep bumping a 6 year old thread to try and remind everyone how great it is that he's fought a few guys in his division is just a bit tragic to me. Especially given the timing of the victories.

I made a jokey thread about how DeGale would be the best SMW of all time about a year ago. Now I'm gonna be bumping that **** like a mother****er if he takes out Dirrell, Froch, Ward etc cos that would actually be something to boast about.
          I don't know what you mean by astonishing. They are good wins, he has a ton of really good wins over top guys over a long ass period of time. That is not common at all, this last stretch is at least good icing on the cake with the last one being the cherry on top. How good that icing and cherry are I guess are always up for debate, but that is boxing everything is always up for debate.

Why not bump it? I do the same thing with the half serious Wilder fan club thread I made (although I may not do it after the Estrada fight unless the knock out is sick) just to show how far back things go. You are a big DeGale and Froch guy so if DeGale wins this fight I would expect some reveling in it, got to enjoy the good moments this sport gives you. No one should ever be faulted that if they are least in hailing distance of reason.

Comment

• If people just accepted it and let it drop, it would go away faster than fighting people over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
              That's crazy. This was from 2009.

At the time it was

1. Pac 2. Shane 3 Floyd 4. Cotto 5. Clottey 5. Margarito 6. Berto 7. Collazo

1. Pac 2. Floyd 3. Berto 4. Cotto

1 Pac 2 Floyd 3. Ortiz 4. Berto

1 Floyd 2 Marquez 3 Guerrero 4 Pac

1 Floyd 2 Bradley 3. Marquez 4. Pac

1 Floyd 2 Pac 3 Brook 4 Bradley

These dudes between the 2 of them have wiped that division out. It will be interesting to see if they stick around for the new comers.
              That sig showing the punch to Pac's shoulder may have been what caused him discomfort throughout the rest of the fight. All the credit to Floyd of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                perfect opportunity to ignore the plodding for virtually all of the fight.

you think manny's legs are "fine?" they were "good" vs algieri?

did you sleep through his prime, or forget what he used to look like?
                What Manny used to look depended on who is was fighting. His measure of improvement has always been how he does against Marquez since they last time they met in 2008, and the next two times they met after that he has struggled.

Comment

Why? They are guys in his division. No one believed he would fight any of them? How could he not fight ANY of them and still maintain any kind of credibility or earn any kind of money?
                  Read through the thread. It's what has happened here for years.

People just refuse to accept greatness.

Comment

I said in 2009, that he'd easily beat Pacquiao almost exactly the way he did in 2015. I don't think I've ever said he's scared of anyone. His career has been carefully and perfectly managed so you can only give him credit for that.

Maybe that tells you that this "hit list" isn't that impressive and people fawning over it the way they are because expectations are so low these days. Is it because the era isn't that great or is it because he timed every fight to perfection? I mean....who forced him to retire in 07?
                    Well like I said it's more to do with the fact that when he made this "list" everyone here said that he wouldn't fight any of them let alone all of them.

He fought the majority of the list in quick fashion. Obviously some of them weren't going to be in the same year, some had to be down the line.

It's not like he made this "list" in 2005, then I would understand why people keep bringing up things from before 2009 and talking about fighters in their primes. Mosley and Cotto were already passed their prime when this article was written.

Comment

I have no idea why. You'll have to ask them.

I had little doubt he would fight all of them + others.

Comment

Working...
                      X