No announcement yet.

Mayweather’s Hit List Includes Pacquiao, Mosley, Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    But the mass of people in this thread saying he would never fight any of them knew Cotto had his brains bashed in by Margarito and he was already signed to fight Pacquaio.

The Mosley fight literally happened as soon as it possibly could after this article was written.

I don't understand why points keep getting brought up before this article was written. That's the whole point it's getting bumped because when he made the "hitlist" no one believed he would fight any of them let alone all of them.

As for Pacquaio being shot. That's just ridiculous, IMO.

a lot of savvy boxing people, myself included, expected these fights to happen when mayweather's opponents slowed down. that's exactly what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      margarito was caught loading his gloves for the mosley fight. cotto had just beaten mosley within the last year.

do you believe margarito's win over cotto and ranking as the top welterweight on the planet was legitimate?

shane's career renaissance was a mirage. it's not shane's fault. he stopped an iron chinned fighter, and should get some credit. that iron chinned fighter had been using bricks in his gloves to get his ranking.

cotto had taken a life changing beating against said brick user in '08. in '09 he took another one against pacquiao. he lost to austin trout immediately following the mayweather fight. austin freaking trout!

finally, we'll onto pacquiao, who even you will acknowledge is shot. buboy thought manny was dead when marquez knocked him out. he was out of it for several minutes. that kind of trauma changes your life, particularly if you box aggressively for a living.
      you and dan keep referring to his "elite p4p status" while ignoring the fact that he's f#cking shot. he hasn't had a meaningful win since he got robbed against bradley in their first fight. bradley's looked weathered since the ruslan fight.
      Oh lord, I don't think anyone can help you then. Pacquiao was not shot, his performances after that knockout showed us that. I don't think you understand what shot means, screw think, I know you don't understand what it means.

Comment

• So is Mayweather still in his prime?

Comment

a lot of savvy boxing people, myself included, expected these fights to happen when mayweather's opponents slowed down. that's exactly what happened.
          Is that what you think?

Comment

• Floyd beat a shot Manny, huh?

Oh.

Comment

• If what Floyd did is so easy, lots of talented men should be able to accomplish similar stuff. Floyd's run is pretty damn good and I don't see a lot of fighters with quality and longevity like that especially at the very pinnacle of the sport.

I find that sort of thing special, that his determination to stay on his game remained so deep that not one of these highly ranked men could touch him really. A couple made close fights, but that is it and in those close fights he didn't fall apart he dug deep and fought to the end.

That right there is a true champion, I guess everyone else in the sport is just extra feux gauzi then, if Floyd doesn't stack up.
              Last edited by The Gambler1981; 05-18-2015, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• That's the thing, you guys consistently say he won't fight a guy, then when they fight, and the guy gets beat, then the guy wasn't good enough. And at the same time, making an argument that Floyd is still prime and just DOESN'T age only his opponents do. It's hilarious when you sit and think about it.

Comment

• Quick! Quick! Someone on boxingscene didn't call Floyd Mayweather TBE! Better call backup

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    Quick! Quick! Someone on boxingscene didn't call Floyd Mayweather TBE! Better call backup

they send out PMs.

cotto, manny, and mosley were prime when floyd fought them. prime. TBE.

Comment

they send out PMs.

cotto, manny, and mosley were prime when floyd fought them. prime. TBE.
                      No, Floyd was.

Comment

Working...
                      X