Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me how Pacquiao's resume is better/ or comparable to Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    29 going on 30.

I'ma big fan too but I can't imagine Azumah Nelson getting stopped by Junior Jones...then outboxed in the rematch. And I'm not sure Barrera could topple an undefeated Fenech in front of 37000 in Fenech's backyard.

Whitaker gets the nod over Pac, Pac gets the nod over Azumah, Azumah gets the nod over Barrera/Morales.

i remember that fight....they showed it on CBS...i might still have a VHS copy

it was great seeing The Professor doing the warrior pose in front of fenech's crowd

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
      Perror made a thread like this and alot of people didn't explain. The usaully, vote and then break out but I'd like for people to explain. I mean

Whitaker's resume
      JLR
      Hurtado
      JCV
      JCC
      Azumah Nelson
      McGirt
      Haugen
      DLH (Prime) (I felt he won this fight)

Pacquiao's resume
      MAB 2x (His best win)
      EM Lost, won the 2nd and 3rd fight (3rd fight was unnecessary)
      JMM Draw, 2nd fight W (Which most people disagree with)
      David Diaz (Weakest Title Holder at 135)
      Ricky Hatton (Best JR WW, GREAT win)
      DLH
      Sasakul
      Ledwaba (I still don't know who the fcuk this is, explain why he is such a good name on Pacquiao's resume)

So how could Pacquiao's resume be comparable/ or even better then Whitaker's resume?

It can't be explained because it's not true lol. Usually people who started watching boxing 5 years ago make those type of statements. Paquiao has been knocked out twice. Once in a title fight. That in itself seperates Whitaker's resume from Pacquiao,not to mention the opponent comparison. Whitaker also unified the 135 pound title and became undisputed champ. Pac has not done that in any division yet. His fans are fast becoming the most annoying with comments like the one you pointed out. One even said he surpasses Henry Armstrong .
      Last edited by joseph5620; 05-12-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
        junior jones was just kryptonite to marco.
        And only Marco lol. Nah, Jones was a pretty good fighter. But something tells me Azumah would've KO'ed him early.

I can't think of a single win that Barrera has (Morales?) that trumps beating a three-division, undefeated prime champ like Jeff Fenech was when Azumah met him.

Comment

[QUOTE=RTS;5272287]lol you list all Sweet Peas victories and then make a comment downplaying all Pacquiao's.

Barrera, Morales, Marquez all better than Hurtado, McGirt, Haugen, Jose Luis Ramirez, and an old Azumah Nelson.

Azumah Nelson was not old (31) when he fought Whitaker. He was younger than both Marquez and Delahoya when they fought Pacquiao. Learn what you're talking about before you try to inject lies as if nobody here will see through it.

They both fouight De La Hoya but Pac jumped up 2 weight classes and knocked him out.

lol Delahoya was 35, inactive,weight drained and past his prime when he fought Pacquioa compared to 24 and in his prime against Whitaker who was PAST his prime. Are you really that ignorant? I'm wasting my time here.
          Last edited by joseph5620; 05-12-2009, 01:31 PM.

Comment

btw aside from chavez......none of those guys are better than barrera and morales.

azumah is about on their level.

Azumah Nelson was better than both of them.

marquez might be ranked higher than most of those guys you listed for pernell.

Marquez will never be ranked higher than Chavez.

you can make an argument that pac's resume is better.

Not an intelligent or truthful one.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Not an intelligent or truthful one.
              didn't i say ASIDE FROM CHAVEZ?

i said marquez is better than MOST of those he listed. MOST does not mean ALL.

barrera and morales are great fighters , i'm not insulting azumah if i think they are as good as him. it's a matter of opinion. i've seen more of erik and marco which means a bias towards them.

work on your reading and comprehension skills , dumbfuck.

Comment

FIGHT FIGHT! Yo Joseph, Tua man talking alot of ****

Comment

He got better resume then Whitaker.
                  He destroy everyone left and right.

Comment

didn't i say ASIDE FROM CHAVEZ?

i said marquez is better than MOST of those he listed. MOST does not mean ALL.

barrera and morales are great fighters , i'm not insulting azumah if i think they are as good as him. it's a matter of opinion. i've seen more of erik and marco which means a bias towards them.

work on your reading and comprehension skills , dumbfuck.
                    Well it is your opinion but don't you have to back it up with fact? Aside from them beating on each other, how are Barrera/Morales' resumes comparable to Nelson's? Because Paulie Ayala and a washed up Kevin Kelly ain't cutting it.

Also, a blanket statement such as Marquez is better than most of those listed means little..if Pea has a bigger name. He's got more than just one.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                      FIGHT FIGHT! Yo Joseph, Tua man talking alot of ****
                      your boy joseph needs to learn how to read.

Comment

Working...
                      X