Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me how Pacquiao's resume is better/ or comparable to Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
    just playing devil's advocate.

i didn't say he has a better resume. just saying you can make a case.

lakers will blow them out by 20-30 early.

then they'll coast and win by 12. lol

you know, after he beat ledwaba, i never thought that 7 years later we'd be having manny vs pernell resume debates

Comment

he won fighter of the month for that year from ring ****zine.

all the ringside guys were amazed especially considering he was a last minute replacement.

ledwaba's people thought he'd be an easy win. they only picked him because his record was decent enough and because they can claim him as a former champ. they really didn't think a former flyweight champ would be any threat. lol
      Yeah, Ledwaba looked like he was going somewhere. how many defenses had he already made, five? Very impressive young fighter until Pac got in that a**.

Comment

he won fighter of the month for that year from ring ****zine.

all the ringside guys were amazed especially considering he was a last minute replacement.

ledwaba's people thought he'd be an easy win. they only picked him because his record was decent enough and because they can claim him as a former champ. they really didn't think a former flyweight champ would be any threat. lol
        So, Pac beat an unprepared Ledwaba ?

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          you know, after he beat ledwaba, i never thought that 7 years later we'd be having manny vs pernell resume debates
          I hate you Mak

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            How could they be, particularly at the same time Manny fought them? Wilfredo Gomez...Jeff Fenech? Hell to the nah.
            how old are you imdazed?

i'm guessing you're probably older that's why.

maybe i'm biased seeing as barrera was one of my favorites back then.

Comment

Originally posted by F U C K ING, A! View Post
              So, Pac beat an unprepared Ledwaba ?
              well......let me see......

if manny was a last minute replacement......wouldn't that mean ledwaba was fighting someone else and training to fight someone who later pulled out?

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                I hate you Mak
                it went from 'he's a 1-trick pony' to heated debates on where he sits on ATG lists....i cant even get mad at ya dom

Comment

how old are you imdazed?

i'm guessing you're probably older that's why.

maybe i'm biased seeing as barrera was one of my favorites back then.
                  29 going on 30.

I'ma big fan too but I can't imagine Azumah Nelson getting stopped by Junior Jones...then outboxed in the rematch. And I'm not sure Barrera could topple an undefeated Fenech in front of 37000 in Fenech's backyard.

Whitaker gets the nod over Pac, Pac gets the nod over Azumah, Azumah gets the nod over Barrera/Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    when the barrera fight got made......all i was hoping for was that manny put on a good show , collect a nice paycheck and just go back to 122.

surprise , surprise.

manny is a lucky sob.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      29 going on 30.

I'ma big fan too but I can't imagine Azumah Nelson getting stopped by Junior Jones...then outboxed in the rematch. And I'm not sure Barrera could topple an undefeated Fenech in front of 37000 in Fenech's backyard.

Whitaker gets the nod over Pac, Pac gets the nod over Azumah, Azumah gets the nod over Barrera/Morales.
                      junior jones was just kryptonite to marco.

Comment

Working...
                      X